Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mentor
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Last night my HR20 froze while recording Boston Legal from my NYC mpeg4 HD locals. It happened between 10 and 10:05 p.m. while it was recording the end of House and the beginning of Boston Legal and we were trying to watch a previously recorded show. The box froze and the yellow recording light stayed on. Instead of resetting right then, we watched (via leapfrog) the other recorded show on our backup SD Phillips Directivo box.

This morning I finally did a reset (the yellow recording light was still on). After the reset I found that House had recorded, but Boston Legal did not. It was only listed in the History as being "Partial".

The problem is that before the freeze up the hard drive had 59% available space, but this morning after the reset it had only 24% available space.

So my questions are these:

What is the explanation for this huge decrease in available disk space?

Do these "partial" and inaccessible recordings continue to take up hard drive space?

Was my HR20 doing a "partial" recording of Boston Legal all night?

Finally, how can I get my disk space back?

Thanks,

Steve

·
Mentor
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Since this thread has generated so much interest, :lol: I thought I'd post an update.

It looks like it wasn't the "partial" recording taking up so much disk space. When I watched my recording of House, I realized that it was a 10 hour and 5 minute recording! The hr20 had continued to record Fox 5 over night until I reset it in the morning! When I deleted that 10 hour recording, I got my disk space back.

Steve

·
Banned
48 Posts
sbayne said:
Since this thread has generated so much interest, :lol: I thought I'd post an update.

It looks like it wasn't the "partial" recording taking up so much disk space. When I watched my recording of House, I realized that it was a 10 hour and 5 minute recording! The hr20 had continued to record Fox 5 over night until I reset it in the morning! When I deleted that 10 hour recording, I got my disk space back.

Steve
well on the bright side, at least you know the yellow recording light is working :)

·
Cool Member
25 Posts
I have had the HR20 for about 2 weeks and in the past 3 days have had to begin resetting it due to freeze-ups etc. Last night it produced 2 partial recordings of ER. First recording was 7 mins. and the second recording was the last 30 mins. of the program. My wife was not pleased. However...
I had the good sense to also record ER on one of my HR10's which it did in total as it has always done.
I am sensing that there are more "resets" coming in the near future.
Wondering if the next update will correct this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.