DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its 64 bit Windows 7. I need to either be able to install a second version of firefox with a different profile and password protect it, or install Chrome and password protect it. I also need Windows to act normally, just like it always does, unless that program/file it clicked on.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,142 Posts
kevinturcotte said:
Its 64 bit Windows 7. I need to either be able to install a second version of firefox with a different profile and password protect it, or install Chrome and password protect it. I also need Windows to act normally, just like it always does, unless that program/file it clicked on.
I use a program called Lockbox to password protect a sensitive folder on my work computer. I'm not sure if an executable file can be password protected like that...

·
Hall Of Fame
4,725 Posts
If you're in a corporation, you probably don't want to do that. I'm betting it's against your company's policy. Besides, I'm betting you don't have admin rights and wouldn't be able to do what you want anyway.

If you're a small company, or it's YOUR company - never mind!

·
DaBears
6,085 Posts
http://www.truecrypt.org/

Create a file or partition and then just encrypt/protect it then mount/open when you want to use that version.

Of course this doesn't stop being stealthy at all if people know what they're doing so I guess it depends on what it is your really attempting to do. If you're attempting to have some anonymity on your browsing then you need to do more than just have a spare version that people can't use.

If your goal is to just have it so that people can't use the autologins there are better ways to do that as well.

So there are better options depending on what the end goal really is.

·
DaBears
6,085 Posts
4HiMarks said:
If you just want anonymous browsing, FF (and most modern browsers) have a Private mode (aka pr0n mode) where your history isn't tracked.
It's not really private if one knows where to look. However since the OP never came back to state what he was attempting to do it's just speculation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.