DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· AllStar
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone clarify something for me.. I thought that if you have an HR34 on one TV and regular HD receivers on other TV's that you could control live television from the HR34 via the regular HD receivers too. Is this not the case? Or can you only pause/rewind recorded shows?

My sister just got new DTV at her house yesterday.. and based on my (apparently misinformed) recommendation got 1 HR34 and 3 HD receivers... thinking that live TV could be paused on all TV's. But, that feature is not working for her and now I've gone back and re-read a lot of stuff and it appears I was in error. I guess a work around would be to hit the record button when you're watching something and then that would link with the HR34 (right?) and allow trick play, but for just regular live TV they will just need to get another DVR.

Thanks.

· Save the Clock Tower!!
2,256 Posts
SEAKevin said:
Can someone clarify something for me.. I thought that if you have an HR34 on one TV and regular HD receivers on other TV's that you could control live television from the HR34 via the regular HD receivers too. Is this not the case? Or can you only pause/rewind recorded shows?

My sister just got new DTV at her house yesterday.. and based on my (apparently misinformed) recommendation got 1 HR34 and 3 HD receivers... thinking that live TV could be paused on all TV's. But, that feature is not working for her and now I've gone back and re-read a lot of stuff and it appears I was in error. I guess a work around would be to hit the record button when you're watching something and then that would link with the HR34 (right?) and allow trick play, but for just regular live TV they will just need to get another DVR.

Thanks.
An HD receiver can only pause/rewind recorded shows, using Whole-Home DVR service.

RVU clients, working with the HR34 can pause live TV, but the client box is not available yet. Some Samsung TVs have the RVU client built in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.