DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Legend
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my mom/dad a 622 and a HDTV. I only had a few hours to hookup and test. When you hit the pause button and then hit play it skips forward back to live and then you must RW to get back to where you were. How do you get it to start where you are paused? Is there something I'm missing or did not setup correctly?

·
Icon
615 Posts
This was a problem on a previous software version, but it had been working fine on the current software. You should be able to hit pause (to pause tv), then hit either pause again or play to restart where you left off. You weren't hitting the view tv button were you? Because that would skip to live tv.

·
Super Moderator
53,881 Posts
IIRC there is an issue with the current version where pause isn't working 100% correctly on live TV. It has been covered in other threads and will likely be fixed in the next release.

·
Cool Member
21 Posts
William said:
Just got my mom/dad a 622 and a HDTV. I only had a few hours to hookup and test. When you hit the pause button and then hit play it skips forward back to live and then you must RW to get back to where you were. How do you get it to start where you are paused? Is there something I'm missing or did not setup correctly?
I have had my receiver just over a week now and have the same issue. I got one replacement, but with the same issue. DishNetwork has admitted there is a problem with this feature. Really torques me!

Never fear though! I think I have a viable work around for this. Last night I discovered if you hit the <<BACK button and rewind the Live TV for just a second or two before you hit pause then the feature works just fine. No skipping directly to Live TV after hitting play! I didn't even know that I could rewind a live broadcast until I ws at my buddy's house last weekend and he could with his cable TV DVR.

Let me know if this works for you. I have tried it on several stations with no issues.

Tim

·
Legend
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dad2trips said:
I have had my receiver just over a week now and have the same issue. I got one replacement, but with the same issue. DishNetwork has admitted there is a problem with this feature.... Last night I discovered if you hit the <<BACK button and rewind the Live TV for just a second or two before you hit pause then the feature works just fine....Let me know if this works for you...

Tim
Yes this works but my parents are elderly and need it as straight forward as possible. Remembering to hit the RW or Back Skip key adds complication to people who are technically challenged. So what is the answer: Is the current firmware the problem and everyone's 622 does this are do they just need to wait on their firmware to update?

·
7 Posts
I've noticed it on my 622, but it seems to work fine if the pause is for more than a minute or so.

·
Legend
224 Posts
lakebum431 said:
James, I'm pretty sure that was fixed in L365 (the current software)
Nope. Not fixed in 365. I still have it at times, not always though.

·
Legend
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DAG said:
Nope. Not fixed in 365. I still have it at times, not always though.
Is there a easy step by step process to check the firmware and force the 622 update to 365? I must be able to e-mail instructions and then talk my mom through it on the phone.

·
Super Moderator
53,881 Posts
Hit MENU twice and you can read the "Software Version" which will start with "L365" if she has it. (Press select when done to return to the menu.)

The user has little control over software updates. On earlier receivers and earlier versions of software for the 622 you could disable updates but that option has been removed. When there is a new version available the receiver will automatically take the update as soon as both TVs (as in TV1 and TV2 receivers) are left off. (Turning off the TV set doesn't turn off the receiver - but when TV1 and TV2 are turned off by the remote you will get the update if there is a new one.)

·
Godfather
367 Posts
This bug is still on 365. My 622 still has it.. and I have 365. And it is not just sometimes.. It's everytime.. And it is aggrevating..

·
Legend
127 Posts
It still exists in 365.

If you leave it paused for long period of time it will work as expected, it is those short pauses, (eg 10 seconds) that will cause it to skip to live tv.

If you are watching a recorded event you don't have the problem.

If you rewind the stream before or after pausing it will work around the problem.

This is a known bug, and hopefully will be fixed with the next update.

As for why it only happens sometimes? I am wondering if it is a bug with the MPEG4 channels only. Have to test that.

·
Icon
625 Posts
It's still going on. Happened to me twice tonight. Paused for about 4 minutes each time, hit play and BINGO we went live.

·
Cool Member
21 Posts
Steve H said:
It's still going on. Happened to me twice tonight. Paused for about 4 minutes each time, hit play and BINGO we went live.
I have been hitting the back button first and then the pause as I posted a few days ago. A bit of a nuisance, but I don't jump directly to Live TV ever using this work around.
Tim

·
AllStar
91 Posts
I may be wrong, but I thought I saw in a previous thread that hitting pause to restart instead of play avoids the bug. I have not had the problem at all, but I tend to hit pause to resume play.

·
Godfather
455 Posts
mdewitt said:
I may be wrong, but I thought I saw in a previous thread that hitting pause to restart instead of play avoids the bug. I have not had the problem at all, but I tend to hit pause to resume play.
That 'work around' don't work either. At elast here it don't work.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.