DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moments ago I paused the Dolphin/Bear game (Go Dolphins!) and when I came back to the room the unit was locked up causing me to pull the plug. This is now the second time I've done this on this unit in as many days. How can I a diagnose the problem?

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '08
4,107 Posts
browe said:
Moments ago I paused the Dolphin/Bear game (Go Dolphins!) and when I came back to the room the unit was locked up causing me to pull the plug. This is now the second time I've done this on this unit in as many days. How can I a diagnose the problem?
First, Welcome!

:welcome_s

Pulling the plug is hard on the unit and can cause new problems. It is better to press the red reset button behind the access door on the lower right of the front cover (bezel).

You may need to press and hold it for one second.When you pull the plug and then reconnect the plug, you can induce a surge both times. A good UPS/Surge can help minimize it.

Most import thing to learn from this: Don't root against the Bears! Look what you caused!:( Take care, - Craig

·
Godfather
260 Posts
I've seen some people here say it's a problem with the screen saver but there is a way to bring it out of the screen saver without rebooting it, I just don't remember what the workaround is. Somebody will reply with the specifics I am talking about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.