DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Legend
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Its on Ch.912 on OLD first generation receivers.

Ch.925 is reserved for WBPH 60 from Bethlehem,PA.

Of course, the PQ is terrible. Not a fiber connection.

· Hall Of Fame
1,849 Posts
It is on Channel 16 here in Salt Lake. Why is it that I get the national and the local now of Pax? Shouldn't the national be gone now?

· Banned
11,498 Posts
The national feed of Pax is available to everyone who subs to TC and above

· Godfather
334 Posts
Wouldn't that be handled like the PBS national feed? I lost THAT once my local PBS affiliate was available.

· Legend
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here, PAX 61 has local commercials. This is probably the main reason PAX wants the local channels carried. They run mostly national ads but have slots for local. These are from local advertisers. Most that couldnt afford to get their ad run on the network stations ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, Comcast then UPN57, WB17, WGTW (Ind.) have a last resort of advertising on PAX. Of course, they also advertise on radio, billboards, everywhere else, but for TV there is only a handful of places for local businesses. I think Univision and Telemundo stations require advertising be done in Spanish. PAX's rates are pretty cheap I think considering the ratings for their shows are lower.

Even if nobody is watching PAX, when we change channels doing commercial breaks on ABC, NBC etc., there is a chance will see the local commercial on PAX when changing channel up/down, so I guess that incentive enough for some businesses to pay to get their ad run on PAX. Other than that, I dont think anybody cared to see their local PAX.

Some local PAX have schedules considerably different than national, and get few local or syndicated content also I think.

· Hall Of Fame
1,849 Posts
PBS is the same way, though. Our local PBS stations have very different content than the national PBS. When the local PBSs became available, we lost the national feed. Same should happen with Pax.

· Banned
11,498 Posts
Originally posted by EricG
Wouldn't that be handled like the PBS national feed? I lost THAT once my local PBS affiliate was available.
Nope! I dont know the reasoning behind the PBS situation but thats not the standard. Look at not just PAX, but Univison, Telemundo, TBN and the other smaller nets. All those have national feeds and no one has lost them due to recieving local affilates in their local packages.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.