DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Cool Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, all... just got a new HR22 to replace an old DirecTivo unit. I'm going to run Cat5 and hook it up to my router for VoD, etc. Will I still have to run a phone line to the HR22 to enable PPV ordering via the remote? I realize that I can log on and order on my PC; I much prefer ordering while looking at the Guide. And optimistically hoping that the HR22 would be able to "phone home" on its own once networked.

Thanks in advance for any info...

· Cool Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. The ethernet connection won't be made until this upcoming Friday; do you anticipate that I'll have any problems because the HR22 was left unconnected to the phone line for a week prior to connecting the Cat5?

· Registered
24,401 Posts
rw99 said:
Thanks. The ethernet connection won't be made until this upcoming Friday; do you anticipate that I'll have any problems because the HR22 was left unconnected to the phone line for a week prior to connecting the Cat5?
Shouldn't be an issue...

If you are networked, the only reason to have a phone line plugged in is for Caller ID...

· AllStar
95 Posts
litzdog911 said:
No phone line is needed for remote ordering if you have an internet connection.
I've read that many times here, but I have never been able to get that to work on my HR21 since day one back in March 2008.

I do get DOD so I know the network connnection is working but if I try to order pay-per-view via the remote it doesn't work. It is not a big deal for me, as I don't have the desire to order pay-per-view any longer now that the movie has a shelf life. But I did try just out of curiousity.

· Hall Of Fame
4,266 Posts
boxster99t said:
I've read that many times here, but I have never been able to get that to work on my HR21 since day one back in March 2008.

I do get DOD so I know the network connnection is working but if I try to order pay-per-view via the remote it doesn't work. It is not a big deal for me, as I don't have the desire to order pay-per-view any longer now that the movie has a shelf life. But I did try just out of curiousity.
You should be able to do this. I believe there is something in D8 has to activate on your account, though. Give them a call and see if they can fix it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.