DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Icon/Supporter
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier tonight I ordered Not Another Teen Movie on Pay-Per-View with my remote and it worked even though I didn't have my reciever connected to a phone line. I thought you needed to be connected to a phone line in order for the order-by-remote feature to work? I also noticed that my other reciever downstairs did not get the PPV (when I had cable, if you ordered a PPV it worked for every TV in the house). :confused:

·
Godfather/Supporter
281 Posts
Call Dish Network and say that you didn't know that it would work like that and you never watched the movie, they will not charge you for it (that's what I did). And if you want all receivers to have ppv, you can call ad order or just buy it on every receiver, they will charge you only one time.

·
Founder
17,247 Posts
Originally posted by Kevin
I thought you needed to be connected to a phone line in order for the order-by-remote feature to work?
The PPV features will work if you don't have the phone line plugged in. The smart card stores the purchases. When you do eventually plug in a line, the receiver will upload the stored purchases to Dish and clear them from the card.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.