DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Legend
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new DirecTV user and i currently have PPP for 30 days. After that it's $5.99 per month. I have an HD receiver and my location is LA near the Ocean. So weather shouldn't be a problem as well. If i bypass the PPP will i still be covered as a far as my receiver etc.? I understand there are many people around the country who have multiple equipment, or weather related problems.....but is the PPP needed in my case?

· Super Moderator
13,787 Posts
lipcrkr said:
I'm a new DirecTV user and i currently have PPP for 30 days. After that it's $5.99 per month. I have an HD receiver and my location is LA near the Ocean. So weather shouldn't be a problem as well. If i bypass the PPP will i still be covered as a far as my receiver etc.? I understand there are many people around the country who have multiple equipment, or weather related problems.....but is the PPP needed in my case?
Your receiver will always be covered whether or not you have the PP. The PP will pay the shipping cost to send out a new receiver if you ever need a replacement. Without the PP I believe shipping would be ≈$20. However, only your receiver is covered. Without the PP, if you need an alignment or a new remote, that you'll have pay for that out of pocket.

As to whether you need it, I think only you can decide. I have it but I've got five receivers, some of which are owned so it makes sense for me. If you only have the one receiver it may not make sense for you.

Read the complete terms to see everything covered and decide if it fits your needs (DIRECTV PP Link).

Mike

· Legend
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mike Bertelson said:
Your receiver will always be covered whether or not you have the PP. The PP will pay the shipping cost to send out a new receiver if you ever need a replacement. Without the PP I believe shipping would be ≈$20. However, only your receiver is covered. Without the PP, if you need an alignment or a new remote, that you'll have pay for that out of pocket.

As to whether you need it, I think only you can decide. I have it but I've got five receivers, some of which are owned so it makes sense for me. If you only have the one receiver it may not make sense for you.

Read the complete terms to see everything covered and decide if it fits your needs (DIRECTV PP Link).

Mike
Thanks. Also, i live just a couple of miles from DirecTV (El Segundo). If i have to replace the receiver (if it breaks or whatever) can i bypass the shipping charge going directly to the office?

· Super Moderator
13,787 Posts
lipcrkr said:
Thanks. Also, i live just a couple of miles from DirecTV (El Segundo). If i have to replace the receiver (if it breaks or whatever) can i bypass the shipping charge going directly to the office?
I doubt it but you could always ask.

I'm not sure that's where the distribution center would be but I'm guessing it's probably not at El Segundo.

Mike

· Hall Of Fame
1,753 Posts
lipcrkr said:
As Mike indicated, they don't distribute customer equipment from headquarters, so you would just be turned away by the receptionist.

The distribution center serving southern California is in a town off the 10 towards San Bernardino (can't remember exactly which one); in my experience, if they ship a replacement receiver, you'll get it the next day. Also, they may waive the shipping charge even if you don't have the protection plan, if you're a customer in good standing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.