DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· AllStar
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I normally install E* dishes but I'm down in Virginia (zip: 20191) and need to upgrade my mother's DirecTV dish to a triple LNB dish and need the correct agnles for it. I know Dish has a zipcode chart and wondered if Direct had one available. The 101 is currently pointed at 226 @ 38 degrees.

Thanks!

· Legend
219 Posts
nismo said:
I normally install E* dishes but I'm down in Virginia (zip: 20191) and need to upgrade my mother's DirecTV dish to a triple LNB dish and need the correct agnles for it. I know Dish has a zipcode chart and wondered if Direct had one available. The 101 is currently pointed at 226 @ 38 degrees.

Thanks!
D* receivers give you the settings during setup on screen. Put in her Zip and proceed. The Azmuth and elevation will come up.

· AllStar
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. Now that I have the dish adjusted, I need to know what teh angles are for each satellite since there is a big tree branch near by. Again, I do know the 101 is at 236 and 38 degrees, but not sure of the other 2 since the setup screen only shows adjustments for all three together. This is why I was looking for a Zipcode chart.

Thanks.

· Super Moderator
12,437 Posts
The settings for that dish are az=236, el=33, tilt=56. Tilt is rotational, set it first. That particular dish is aimed at the 110 satellite and picks up 101 and 119 off the sides.

The other satellites are roughly 9 to 15 degrees east (for 101) and west (for 119) from that azimuth. If you really need the specific azimuth and elevation for them, you can go into satellite setup and select a single LNB round dish and put in your zip code and the receiver will tell you the settings for 101. However those setting values are not used in the setup of the 3-LNB dish that you have.

Carl

· AllStar
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for info. I had to move the mast since not all 3 sats cleared the branches.. Thats why I needed specific numbers from each satellite. Signal is well in the 90's for most transponders. However it only shows 11 available transponders on 119, and 3 on 110. Considering it was a single round LNB/Dish before, I'm not too concerned. Well, this was my first at installing a Direct Dish. I normally install E* dishes but it wasn't all that different, although E* has the advantage with their Pro Plus LNB's and separators.. -very handy for pre-wired houses.

Thanks!

· Éminence grise
8,457 Posts
Directv has 8 transponder assignments on 119 and 3 on 110. The output of the 110 LNB is shifted in frequency and combined with 119.

Next year Directv will have their Frequency Translation Module available, which will permit using a single cable with splitters.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.