DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
8 Posts
I recently had the oppertunity to chat with someone from pegasus on this very subject during sbca testing. They are looking at going totally on their own, with the hopes of introducing a system using mpeg7 encoding. Like you said in your post, they are going to be using the 107 slot, and the rest of the specs match up to what i was told. Now this all sounds good on paper, but i am waiting to see how they back it up. I know pegasus has a bad wrap with alot if it's current or former customers, but i feel that they have been making an effort in some areas to improve that lately. Particularly in the area of keeping the installers/dealers in line. I am not saying that this is the beginning of a new era or anything, i am just impressed that they are finally doing something about a few problems. I am curious to see what the exact specs on their new recievers are, or who they plan on getting to produce them. The fact that pegasus is going into the dbs realm on their own, and not as d*'s sidekick will make things a little more interesting. It certainly has an impact on the rural markets.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.