DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Legend
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a defective H20 replaced with a new HR24-200, oaid the going rate. The installer was quick and and did a good job even realigning the dish. After he was gone I got to wondering, he said he had to take the old H20 (D* said they didn't think it needed to be returned) and he apparently pocketed the cables that always come with new receivers, because they sure arn't here. Am I wrong or should I complain, I just wanted a spare HDMI cable.

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
You no longer get a set of cables with installer connected receivers - been that way for sometime. The installer either uses what you have if it's the best option to connect to the TV or provides the cable you need. Since you were using an hdmi connection, he didn't need to provide a new cable.

·
Icon
542 Posts
say-what said:
You no longer get a set of cables with installer connected receivers - been that way for sometime. The installer either uses what you have if it's the best option to connect to the TV or provides the cable you need. Since you were using an hdmi connection, he didn't need to provide a new cable.
+1

if you ask nicely I will usually give them out. but I work for an hsp. subs have to pay for theirs and probably won't give you extras.

the only thing that comes with tech rcvrs are stb, pwr cord, and remote.

on a service swap I don't normally change theremote unless the cm asks for a new one or its obviously worn down. we don't get extra remotes so we need spares.

·
AllStar
71 Posts
Manctech said:
+1

if you ask nicely I will usually give them out. but I work for an hsp. subs have to pay for theirs and probably won't give you extras.

the only thing that comes with tech rcvrs are stb, pwr cord, and remote.

on a service swap I don't normally change theremote unless the cm asks for a new one or its obviously worn down. we don't get extra remotes so we need spares.
I agree 100%. I do the exact same thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.