DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just after I received the new HR20 I set up several series links (just to try the functionality). Subsequently I deleted those series links and now weeks later I still see activity in both the "To Do List" and the "History." The items never record, they always show cancelled. They appear to cause conflicts with other valid series links that I still have set up.

Earl has this been seen with OxDC?

I've reset the whole unit and am going to start afresh due to this strange behavior - I believe there were some gremlins left over from the earlier software versions that OxDC was unable to undo. I bet they will not show up again.


Best course of action seems to be:

1.) Reformat the whole unit
2.) Wait 48 hours for the guide data to totally reload (2 weeks worth)
3.) Set up new series links etc.

Thoughts?
 

·
Lifetime Achiever
Joined
·
30,090 Posts
I haven't seen any reports of "phantom" Series Links.

It is possible that some straglers stayed in your ToDo List, but other then that... no idea.

Your course of action seems appropriate... not sure why you should have to do it, but none the less... it is a computer after all.
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
194 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
I haven't seen any reports of "phantom" Series Links.

It is possible that some straglers stayed in your ToDo List, but other then that... no idea.

Your course of action seems appropriate... not sure why you should have to do it, but none the less... it is a computer after all.
When I used the HR20 i had phantom series links that i couldn't delete if there were no more programs left to record which was the only way i could find a menu from which to delete the series.
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
270 Posts
WANDERER said:
Just after I received the new HR20 I set up several series links (just to try the functionality). Subsequently I deleted those series links and now weeks later I still see activity in both the "To Do List" and the "History." The items never record, they always show cancelled. They appear to cause conflicts with other valid series links that I still have set up.

Earl has this been seen with OxDC?

I've reset the whole unit and am going to start afresh due to this strange behavior - I believe there were some gremlins left over from the earlier software versions that OxDC was unable to undo. I bet they will not show up again.

Best course of action seems to be:

1.) Reformat the whole unit
2.) Wait 48 hours for the guide data to totally reload (2 weeks worth)
3.) Set up new series links etc.

Thoughts?
It's happening to me too.

I described it in the Software Update thread for 0xDC (here). It's problem number 9.

The phantom series link was created 6 weeks ago and deleted at least 3 weeks ago.

Paul
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
38 Posts
If you re-format, will you lose all recorded shows as well? Or does it just format a partition with the system software?
 

·
Lifetime Achiever
Joined
·
30,090 Posts
islesfan44 said:
If you re-format, will you lose all recorded shows as well? Or does it just format a partition with the system software?
If you do the above procedure, or a reset all... yes you lose all your recordings
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top