DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
AllStar
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the phone cord hook up situation the same with Direct as it is with Dish? I.E. easier PPV, customer service, so they know where the box is, etc. All software updates are done through the dish, correct? The communications department at the company I work for has the idea that the phone cord is absolutely necessary. They do have two Tivo boxes, not sure what model they are.

Thanks

·
Éminence grise
8,473 Posts
Tivo boxes will try to phone home on a regular basis. The data they receive in one of the phone calls will authorize a software update, although the update itself comes from the satellite. These boxes will also display a "nag screen" if they haven't been able to make the call. Otherwise, it doesn't matter.

·
Legend
219 Posts
bulldog200024 said:
Is the phone cord hook up situation the same with Direct as it is with Dish? I.E. easier PPV, customer service, so they know where the box is, etc. All software updates are done through the dish, correct? The communications department at the company I work for has the idea that the phone cord is absolutely necessary. They do have two Tivo boxes, not sure what model they are.

Thanks
I have some receivers w/out phone cords. The phone connections is primarily for PPV. MY unconnected receivers work just as well as the connected ones. I just know which ones to view for PPV. All updates from D* come via sat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.