DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize if this question has been asked before. Is a phone line connection required for PPV billing, or does an Internet connection suffice? I realize that the TOS requires a phone line -- I am just looking for the technical answer. Thanks in advance.

Moderator: I just realized that this post should be in "general discussion". I cannot find a way to delete or move it. I'm sure that I don't really need to say this because you already know, but please feel free to move or delete this thread.

· Super Moderator
13,787 Posts
kenw102 said:
I apologize if this question has been asked before. Is a phone line connection required for PPV billing, or does an Internet connection suffice? I realize that the TOS requires a phone line -- I am just looking for the technical answer. Thanks in advance.

Moderator: I just realized that this post should be in "general discussion". I cannot find a way to delete or move it. I'm sure that I don't really need to say this because you already know, but please feel free to move or delete this thread.
Actually, the new Customer Agreement allows for either a phone line or an internet connection.

A phone line is no longer a requirement so long as you have an internet connection...which you need for On Demand/DIRECTV Cinema anyway. :)

Mike

· Icon
1,083 Posts
Mike Bertelson said:
Actually, the new Customer Agreement allows for either a phone line or an internet connection.

A phone line is no longer a requirement so long as you have an internet connection...which you need for On Demand/DIRECTV Cinema anyway. :)

Mike
There's a Customer Agreement joke in there somewhere. :D

· Super Moderator
13,787 Posts
Xsabresx said:
There's a Customer Agreement joke in there somewhere. :D
No Joke. It clears up an oft asked question. :)

Mike

· 1*
9,917 Posts
"THX" said:
What if you have an Internet connection and when you go to try to order a PPV it says you must have a broadband connection (even though you already have one)?
What is the exact message that comes up and when/where does it come up? Also, what is your current setup?

- Merg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.