DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
AllStar
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep getting a message when I turn on the tv remotely connected to the 625 that says I need to pay Dish for not having a phone line connected. I do not seem to be getting this message on the TV connected at the receiver itself.

The connection tests "Ok" on the diagnostics screen.

What should I do?

Nic

·
Hall Of Fame
5,581 Posts
nicshow said:
I keep getting a message when I turn on the tv remotely connected to the 625 that says I need to pay Dish for not having a phone line connected. I do not seem to be getting this message on the TV connected at the receiver itself.

What should I do?

Nic
Call tech support you may have a bad modem that is not calling out.:)

·
Banned
61 Posts
nicshow said:

What should I do?

Nic
i have voip, when i do a test it also says ok, but the reciever can't stay
connected long enough to make a actual call ,hince 5.00 charge.
when i signed up i was told the 625 work with all voip's ---NOT

·
Cool Member
22 Posts
nicshow said:

What should I do?

Nic
Works great for me. I did have to have Vonge to change the the bit rate to get it to work. After that I had to reboot both the IRD and the Vonage Modem. But it works great.

·
Cool Member
14 Posts
notme said:
Works great for me. I did have to have Vonge to change the the bit rate to get it to work. After that I had to reboot both the IRD and the Vonage Modem. But it works great.
this may be obvious but did Vonage have to INCREASE or decrease the bitrate for your service to work properly?

·
Icon
702 Posts
the123 said:
this may be obvious but did Vonage have to INCREASE or decrease the bitrate for your service to work properly?
Mr 123,

To make any changes to a Vonage account all you need to do is log on to their web page, input your user Id and Password. Once logged in you can change many options one is to use more Bandwidth during your phone calls.

John

·
Banned
61 Posts
bderouen said:
Yup. VoIP works fine! I have Vonage as well. I bought a set of the wireless phone jacks off of ebay ($30 as opposed to $100 at RadioShack) and hooked it up that way. Works great!
so you need help to get vonage to work. right

·
Legend
115 Posts
army1 said:
so you need help to get vonage to work. right
Well...depends on how your system is set up. Vonage doesn't need any help to get it to work right any more than a landline needs help. If you have Vonage run through your house wiring, as described on their website, and you have a phone jack near your TV, then no, just plug it in. I used a wireless phone jack because I don't (yet) have Vonage run through my house wiriring. My computer's router and the vonage phone adapter is upstairs and my 622 is downstairs.

Now one of the other posters stated he had to lower the bitrate (or raise...I don't recall which) that Vonage was using on his broadband connection. I haven't found that to be necessary.

Bruce

·
Cool Member
9 Posts
Try this...

Verify the Telephone Setup menu on the receiver is set up correctly.
How To?

Press Menu on the remote. Go to System Setup, Installation, and System Info. Then press the number 2 on the remote. Verify Phone is set correctly for Touch Tone or Rotary/Pulse and Prefix or No Prefix in the menu. An example of Prefix Needed is if the customer must dial 9 for an outside line. Do NOT add 1 as a prefix.
If VoIP, enter *99 as the prefix. The settings on the VoIP router may need to be changed. Contact the manufacturer for the correct settings.

If the customer has DSL or VoIP service, verify they have a DSL filter (may require two in severe cases) installed on the phone jack for each DISH Network receiver that is connected to the phone line. Disconnect and then reconnect the DSL filter.

If VoIP, the VoIP provider should set the service to the highest bandwidth setting and enable fax/modem enhancement features

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.