DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Your Neighborhood Liasion
12,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Resurrecting the phone line discussion, if the dtv receivers all need to be connected to a phone line, does the line have to be analog, or can they be connected to a dsl line that also provides voice service?

·
Cool Member
16 Posts
Not sure what you mean. To get DSL you have to have analogue phone service, that is how the DSL signal is carried.

I've DirectvDSL and DishNetwork Satellite receivers, I have micro filters installed before all analogue phone devices which are phones, ReplayTV, Alarm System (special filter), satellite receivers.

Everything works fine.

·
Cool Member
16 Posts
Sorry, I should've been more clear, isn't ADSL that runs over a voice? I know IDSL is its own line.

I think they are doing mostly self installs for the DSL these days, therefore a splitter isn't used in the NID, filters are used around the home instead.

·
Hall Of Fame
7,497 Posts
Oh - I agree that the filters are easier as a self-install option. I was just pointing out that when my DSL was installed they DID use the splitter.

And JimBob - I mean real ADSL CAN be run over the same line as ISDN - and not just as IDSL either...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.