DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Godfather
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any word on when land lines will not be necessary for DirecTV or TiVo? I don't have a jack in my room; it's in the common room, so you can see my problem here.

·
Super Moderator
12,436 Posts
With the D11, R15, and HR20, you can work without a phone line. You won't be able to order pay per view using the remote, and you may have limitations on premium sports programming that you can subscribe to, but otherwise you can run without a phone line.

Carl

·
Godfather
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What about the TiVo?

·
Legend
115 Posts
Tivo requires it's users to have a phone line so it can make a daily call. It's a Tivo requirement not D*. Sports and Impulse Pay Per View are the only other things that would be affected.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
My original installer ran phone lines to four rooms when he put my system in back in the summer.

I have been severly flamed on another forum by other installers for saying this, but he did. Evidently, few installers do this, but maybe yours will.

It was an easy install with a fairly large crawlspace, no fishing thru walls.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,682 Posts
westernamerican said:
Go wireless for your phone hookup..........it works great and you can get the unit at most all electronics stores for about $60 or less........:D
DirecTV does not recommend wireless for advanced receiver [ DVR. HD, .. ] Just as a FYI

·
Hall Of Fame
2,463 Posts
Mertzen said:
DirecTV does not recommend wireless for advanced receiver [ DVR. HD, .. ] Just as a FYI
UNLESS it's a wireless modem jack rated for 56kbps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.