DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· AllStar
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a message saying that my HD DVR was indentified with problem and needed to be exchanged for a new one. Has anyone else received a call like this. I certainly don't want to do this with all the recordings I have saved.

· Legend
192 Posts
Interesting. I wonder if DIRECTV has called us. Generally, I ignore (800) calls, but I sure would like a call from them regarding my broken HR20-100. It reboots at least 20 times a day. I tried to get DIRECTV to replace it under my protection plan but they won't do it without sending a tech.
I own my own company and work 6 days a week. Taking a day off work to have some tech tell me what I already know isn't very productive.

Scooter :)

· AllStar
50 Posts
There was a recall for the HR21 Pro earlier this year, but that's long since been handled.

For info on that:

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=129155

As far as I know and have heard, that's the only HD-DVR recall and it has been long since resolved.

· Godfather
417 Posts
Just tell them it's dead and won't power up. They should send you a replacement.
Scooter22 said:
Interesting. I wonder if DIRECTV has called us. Generally, I ignore (800) calls, but I sure would like a call from them regarding my broken HR20-100. It reboots at least 20 times a day. I tried to get DIRECTV to replace it under my protection plan but they won't do it without sending a tech.
I own my own company and work 6 days a week. Taking a day off work to have some tech tell me what I already know isn't very productive.

· Icon
881 Posts
Scooter22 said:

I think if you keep calling back and talking to different CSR's you can find one that will just send it to you with the supplies to send the old receiver back.

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
That's right, there is a possibility you'll get a call on H20s (not all H20s are affected.)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.