DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Child of the 60's
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've had one thread that suggests Heroes will be a winner if it's allowed to stay on the air long enough and I agree with those who like the show. I like shows that are a bit complicated and take a while to evolve rather than those you can figure out in 7 seconds or less.

Six Degrees is another one of those in my book. It just gets better and better each week. Interesting cast and story lines and it's fun to see how characters and story lines get connected.
Brothers and Sisters is one that's on the bubble in my mind. While interesting in terms of characters, there's no sizzle to the story line, at least not yet. This one has 3 more weeks to go before I trade it in for more sleep.

Studio 60 is turning out to be a fun show to watch. Last week's episode was the best in my book. I love the characters, the story line perks right along (at least so far), and there is pretty good chemistry. CJ Craig would have fit right in here if there weren't plenty of West Wingers already.

As far as pans go, so far I've avoided shows that I'd cast off after one or two viewings, so I'd be interested in others' observations on what's new in the vast wasteland.

John

·
Hall Of Fame
3,099 Posts
I stopped watching Studio 60 after one episode. To much going on and I don't care for all the fast talking action, non stop moving scenes as they walk from one room to the other. NO interest in 6 degrees as it just didn't sound good to me.

Trying to watch Brothers and Sisters because of the actors involved but it seems like a bad soap opera -hybird of Steel Magnolias with Sally Field married to Tom Skerit again , and extras from various recently canceled shows. The other actors are a mix of old shows like Alias, 6 Feet Under etc. I have no iterest in the conservative talk show person -ex Allie McBeal and the war in Iraq because it reminds me of a flip on the old Vietnam War drama. IN the 60s parents were mad because their kids tried to evade the draft and skip out of the country to avoid it. Today the parents don't want their children to go to war and mad if they do enlist. It doesn't pick up soon enough I will cut this one too.

One thing I do notice is that this season, I actually have to many good shows to choose from and with a dvr I never miss any of them. Which causes me to watch a lot more tv than I did before or my dvr fills up to fast. The networks really need to ship some of these shows to the summer season so they can be watched with out so much competition. In fact a Summer season of network shows that would come on inplace of the existing shows in reruns would be good. They would definately keep people watching in the summer if they did this. Usa does this with the 4400 and ABC did it with Kyle XY and other Dancing shows. The other networks need to follow this lead.

·
Child of the 60's
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not a big fan of either of those premium packs. I get tired of seeing the same programming week in and week out. Netflix gives me better bang for the buck.

John

·
Godfather
495 Posts
I think Paul meant The Wire, Weeds, Killer, etc. as opposed to the movies on those premium channels - gotta wait until season's over before they are on Netflix.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.