DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got installed today. SWM dish, hr20-100, r16-300, and 3 d12's.

My TV has PIP(3 inputs). If I attach the s-video and rca outputs to my TV is there anyway to control them separately? I seen it has rca-1 and rca-2 outputs are they different tuners or just jack 1 and 2?

For right now we have both the hr20 and d12 in the same room. I'm not sure I want to keep it just for PIP but figured I'd try it for a couple of months. Can I change the remote code on the d12(or the hr20) so they are different? If so how?
Right now everything I hit goes to both receivers making it impossible to use for PIP.

We mainly switched for the NFL ticket - my cable DVR did PIP!

Thanks,

Shael

· Registered
5,915 Posts
The outputs on the receivers all display the same thing at all times, you cannot output separate things.

You can change the remote to use separate codes so that you can have them both in the same room.
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=94875

· Hall Of Fame
6,035 Posts
shael said:
I just got installed today. SWM dish, hr20-100, r16-300, and 3 d12's.

My TV has PIP(3 inputs). If I attach the s-video and rca outputs to my TV is there anyway to control them separately? I seen it has rca-1 and rca-2 outputs are they different tuners or just jack 1 and 2?

For right now we have both the hr20 and d12 in the same room. I'm not sure I want to keep it just for PIP but figured I'd try it for a couple of months. Can I change the remote code on the d12(or the hr20) so they are different? If so how?
Right now everything I hit goes to both receivers making it impossible to use for PIP.

We mainly switched for the NFL ticket - my cable DVR did PIP!

Thanks,

Shael
The IRD can't only output one thing at a time. At some future time on a future IRD, a double HTMI output may be available which may allow you to output tuner 1 to an HDMI port 1, and output tuner 2 to an HDMI 2 port, but this doesn't exist yet. The current processor can already recode two feeds and record them, but not output 2 feeds for viewing.

· Registered
2,143 Posts
rynberg said:
Why would you need PIP with a DVR?
I miss the PIP I had with ComCrap (and its the only thing I miss about them) during football season, where I want to keep tabs on more than one game. It was nice to have the PIP screen in the bottom of the TV screen with the second game...

But, I'd rather have MRV and DLB before PIP.

· AllStar
96 Posts
I just hope that if D* ever implements DLB that they also implement PIP. I really miss the PIP from my UltimateTV.

It seems like a no brainer for a service (D*) that offers so many premium sports packages.

· Hall Of Fame
7,054 Posts
Bugg77 said:
I just hope that if D* ever implements DLB that they also implement PIP. I really miss the PIP from my UltimateTV.

It seems like a no brainer for a service (D*) that offers so many premium sports packages.
I dont believe that will ever happen with the current hardware, as I believe the chipsets used are only capable of decoding 1 video stream at a time....Software cannot change that...

· Godfather
347 Posts
rynberg said:
Why would you need PIP with a DVR?
to watch two skinimax shows at once:D

· Dry as a bone
12,321 Posts
jdspencer said:
Solution: Two receivers!!
I did it that way for 6 years. Unfortunately, my new HDTV does not have PIP, so I no longer have that option. Fewer TV's are being equipped with PIP. PIP on the DVR's would solve that.

· Hall Of Fame
3,862 Posts
I believe that I read in the spec sheets for the chipset that DirecTV uses that they capable of doing PIP, so maybe we will see that built into the DVRs some day. The picture-in-guide is really just a special limited PIP functionality, so PIP of both tuners might not be much different to implement.

· Hall Of Fame
6,035 Posts
Bugg77 said:
My thoughts exactly on why D* should offer DLB.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.