DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Icon
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone elses pq is not that good. When I try to watch a basketball game or football, fast moving sports, the court, field, track gets pixilated, but slower moving objects or movies etc.... are fine. I have an h20 on a seperate tv, and it has the same pq as my hr on a different brand tv, so its not related to one model. Is this being discussed at Dtv Earl?

·
Icon
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
these are both hd receivers on hd ready tvs, during hd broadcasted games. JVC, and a mitsubishi, I didnt want to say this before because of the dreaded if you dont like it go back to dish, but when I had dish, I didnt have any of these problems

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Cobra said:
these are both hd receivers on hd ready tvs, during hd broadcasted games. JVC, and a mitsubishi, I didnt want to say this before because of the dreaded if you dont like it go back to dish, but when I had dish, I didnt have any of these problems
lol.... I don't think it's that bad around here. LCD's typically have that trailing/blurring look to it sometimes on fast moving images. Not necessarily pixelation. I have two plasma's, so I couldn't confirm or deny it. I was just wondering if you LCD's. If you had dish before and didn't have this problem, then I'm way off base. Stick to Litz's logic.

·
Godfather
554 Posts
Cobra said:
If you can set rez at 720p,not 1080i:)

·
Legend
203 Posts
mridan said:
If you can set rez at 720p,not 1080i:)
I agree. The ole 720 vs 1080 debate LOL. One is better at slow and the other is better at fast moving objects. Not sure that is his issue, but it could be.

·
Icon
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i do have them set at 720 p, and I have tried 1080, no difference

·
Godfather
304 Posts
From what I can tell, you are mostly talking about seeing this while viewing HD content, correct?

I def. see what you describe (pixelation, etc.) on both of my HR20's while viewing HD content (mostly MPEG4).
I have a Toshiba 50" RPTV.
IMO, the MPEG4 does not look as sharp as OTA. OTA looks fantastic on my HR10-250 all on the same TV. I am waiting for another comparison w/ the HR20 once we all get the new software.
Not sure if it's on D*'s end or what, but for me right now, MPEG4 is not as good as OTA. Maybe it's lack of bandwidth, and will eventually get better...???
I will say this thought, I do think that SD content looks better on the HR20 :)
But, I don' watch much SD, and really care more about HD.

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
9,809 Posts
And make sure what you are watching is actually in HD. Most stuff isn't in HD yet. So try a hockey or basketball game on HDNET for a reference as you'll know it's in HD for sure.

HD looks fine and dandy to me.
SD of course varies per channel but the bigger your TV, the more crappy SD looks. Garbage in/Garbage out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.