DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Cool Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a VIP-622 connected via HDMI to a Panasonic Projector. It is in single mode and when the PIP button is pressed, nothing happens, it stays on the same channel. What gives? Does PIP work with the HDMI output?

· Premium Member
21,658 Posts
Not sure what you are asking... When you press the PIP button nothing at all happens? No PIP window appears or anything?

If nothing at all happens... then you are probably not in single mode. In dual mode the PIP button does nothing... so check to see that you really have the receiver in single mode.

IF the PIP window does appear, it may be tuned to the same channel as your main window... in which case you can Swap to it and then change the channel so it is something different.

Hope some of that helped...

Oh, and if you have OTA connected... be wary of hitting PIP when tuned to an OTA channel. First time I did that, the PIP window came up and tried to tune to the same channel and since there is only 1 OTA tuner the box crashed and rebooted!

· Legend
163 Posts
hometronix said:
I have a VIP-622 connected via HDMI to a Panasonic Projector. It is in single mode and when the PIP button is pressed, nothing happens, it stays on the same channel. What gives? Does PIP work with the HDMI output?
make sure you are not in (dual mode) mode. could you do PIP before. does the other output display a different picture. if so , then you have dual mode activated. open the pannel and hit the mode button.

see if that works.. also does the "swap" button work.

e..b.

· Hall Of Fame
1,086 Posts
hometronix said:
To make sure that you are in dual mode go into menus 6, 1, 3. As soon as it comes up go to next then page down. It will tell you for sure what mode you are using. If you are by chance in dual mode then go to front panel and press the mode switch and it will change. If that doesn't work then you have a problem w/ the 622.

· Mentor
40 Posts
whatchel1 said:
To make sure that you are in dual mode go into menus 6, 1, 3. As soon as it comes up go to next then page down. It will tell you for sure what mode you are using. If you are by chance in dual mode then go to front panel and press the mode switch and it will change. If that doesn't work then you have a problem w/ the 622.
Wouldn't it be nice to be able to switch modes through the remotes?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.