DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searched threads but don't think I am finding my exact issue:

When 99c went live in July I had to have D out to align the dish. D got all sats signals in the 90's and left. I thought it fixed the issue. However, I now have pilelation/black screens on ESPN(206), ESPN2(209), HBOE(501), SHOE(537), FSMW to name a few. Midday, evening, sunny or clear outside, no trees. Not all the time but enough to finally irritate me espcially when I see good/great signal strength during the pixelation??? I can switch to 103c channels and not see any issues.

And with troubleshooting I've noticed that if I do the 'System test' or a signal strengh test (which cancels my current recordings, ugh) and exit, the signal comes back most of the time. Or a receiver reboot too.

Any help as to what's going on would be appreciated. I wanted to get some of your feedback before I call D back. I've kind of ruled out cabling or Tuner issues since it's only a 99c issue. Not sure about a LNB issue. Do those each connect to a particular Sat. feed? Bad BBC maybe? Thx.

·
Icon
523 Posts
we had a similar issue that cropped up about a month ago - we've had the system professional installed and fine-tuned (the dish) at that time. Had very strong signals on all transponders. Suddenly, we were experieincing a LOT of pixellation, but only the the LILs, CNNHD, etc. Called D* and they said it looked like we would need a $80 service call. So we checked cables and the BBC inside the house - no problems there. Then climbed up on the roof. The 1 cable on the dish that goes into the LNB connector was loose. We retightened it and everything is fine again. YMMV

·
Mentor
38 Posts
I get the pixelation about once every 3-5 minutes and it seems to be on the HD's

I checked my signals last night and these concern me:

103c all of the signal strengths are in the 50s

99c all of the signal strengths are in the uppder 20s to low 30s.

Would these cause pixelation?

I don't have the performance plan, so I guess I am on my own to adjust the dish. I installed my first couple, but Directv installed my current Slimline two years ago. Are Slimlines difficult to adjust?

Thanks!

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,438 Posts
CessnaDriver said:
Would these cause pixelation?
Most definitely.
Are Slimlines difficult to adjust?
Other than being rather tedious, Slimlines are very easy to adjust.

The first thing you must do is insure that the mast is plumb. Close is not good enough.

·
Mentor
38 Posts
harsh said:
Most definitely.Other than being rather tedious, Slimlines are very easy to adjust.

The first thing you must do is insure that the mast is plumb. Close is not good enough.
Thanks a bunch.

I have been surfing for the past 15 minutes looking for an owner's manual for the Slimline and can't find one. Does anyone have a link handy?

Perhaps I am spelling Slimline wrong...?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.