DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Legend
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, finally after all the releases I actually have a problem.

So far after all software releases I have found that the picture becomes unwatchable but that two restarts (always two) gets it going again. This time however (the latest one that came 11/21) I have restarted 8 times and the problem remains.

I think it's pixelation, every 5 or so seconds 1/3 or so of the picture goes out of sync, the image becomes distorted with square boxes.

EDITED: This happens on local channels only SD and HD

It happens on LiveTV, newly recorded and previously recorded shows. It happens on shows I was part way through before the update including early parts of the show I had watched with no problems.

Anyone else having this problem ?

Any thoughts on what could be done. Of course I don't really want to lose all the shows

Thanks

Tony
www.homemadehitshow.com

·
Legend
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, further testing reveals that maybe it's only local channel playback (MPG2???). So anything from local channels, SD or HD is having the problem, even shows that were recorded before the latest update and that played fine before the latest update.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,765 Posts
I noticed a lot of pixelation watching the NBC HD broadcast of the Parade this morning. We are not having great weather in the area so I chalked it up to that. I will have to watch something that I have watvched before to see if the pixelation is also there on my pre-recorded stuff as well. If I see anything like that I will reply back in here.

·
Legend
268 Posts
I tryied to watch the nine this morning from last night. And was having this problem. It would break up then skip ahead a couple of minutes. I have the DNS feeds from NYC. The weird part of this is I have two HR20 and both would do this but at different times not in the same place. I have never had these problems before this last update. Also I even lost the HD changes from the guide. Had to reboot three times last night to get them back. Lost all my recordings from yesterday they all say cancelled in the history. These were from TNTH ER, Judging Amy. I had to go to the web this morning and watch the nine just could not watch it from either HR20

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.