DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Icon
1,569 Posts
T-Mac said:
This morning I had constant pixelation on my local CBS HD channel. All my other locals were perfect. What are the possible causes?
If it is only one channel, the most likely cause is that the local station did not provide a clean signal to DirecTV for the upload. The problem could be anywhere along the path between the station and the DirecTV upload site.

·
Grouch Extrordinaire
1,241 Posts
Problem started early, persisted quite a while before being reported to DirecTV who took the channel down while they investigated the problem and fixed it before restoring the channel.

Stuff occasionally happens.

·
Legend
168 Posts
Our local CBS affiliate ran like that for over a year. Every network show was badly pixelated on any motion, and I know it was the station's fault because I was watching it off-air and other viewers complained as well. Lately, it's been much better but it's still there. Don't know if the station is getting a low-bandwidth feed or what.
Anyway - not Directv's fault.

·
Legend
348 Posts
My HD channels are fine. I just came from Cable (also HD) and it also was perfect. However, i noticed that the SD channels on DirecTV (i only watch TCM) is terrible. I guess it's true about SD being bad on DirecTV as opposed to Cable. I was surprised TCM was only in SD......hopefully HD is on the way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.