DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
AllStar
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just when I thought I'd seen it all................

I have my HR20 set to record channel 620 FSNE several times during the day. I got my usual no play bug on one of the recordings, and the other recording was all pixelated and the sound was bad. Unwatchable. I go up to my bedroom to use my trusty tivo (which I use as a backup) and Channel 620 recorded fine and is working fine in live tv as well.

Quick recap, Channel 620 is pixelated in live tv and when recorded on the HR20, all other channels working fine. On my tivo unit 620 and all other channels work fine. Yes these units are hooked up to the same dish.

I haven't reset the HR 20 for the millioneth time.

What do you guys think. Thanks!!!

·
Godfather
336 Posts
Was NESN being brodcast in HD for these shows?

·
Godfather
336 Posts
Bobwhite said:
I was actually refering to FSNE channel 620. NESN is channel 623. Unfortunately neither channel is in HD.:nono2:
Damn you are right. . . well sometimes NESN has HD content. So does FSNE but it is usually on 95/96.

·
Legend
115 Posts
Bruins home games are in HD on NESN (623). I watched a bit of it last week. If they moved real quickly I could see some pixelation and had a few cutouts of audio and video for 3-4 seconds a couple of times.

I haven't caught a Celts game in HD yet (only had HD since last Wednesday). I think they broadcast on 96 when at home?

·
AllStar
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MarkGSportsNut said:
Bruins home games are in HD on NESN (623). I watched a bit of it last week. If they moved real quickly I could see some pixelation and had a few cutouts of audio and video for 3-4 seconds a couple of times.

I haven't caught a Celts game in HD yet (only had HD since last Wednesday). I think they broadcast on 96 when at home?
I wish you were correct, but NESN is only in HD on cable . Not on direct*. Though they did put one Bruins game on ch 95, which for some reason they blacked out on my channel 95. The only HD broadcasts are in the lower end of the dial 70-95. None above that to my knowledge.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Bobwhite said:
I wish you were correct, but NESN is only in HD on cable . Not on direct*. Though they did put one Bruins game on ch 95, which for some reason they blacked out on my channel 95. The only HD broadcasts are in the lower end of the dial 70-95. None above that to my knowledge.
.....On July 18, HD MLB games from YES Network (Yankees) and FSN Southwest (Rangers HD games will be seen only in the Dallas DMA) will be available, as well as a continuous 24/7 HD feed from NESN HD (Red Sox). In August DIRECTV will deliver HD MLB games from SportsNet New York (Mets), as well as continuous 24/7 HD feeds from Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic HD (Orioles) and Comcast SportsNet Chicago HDTV (Cubs, White Sox).

......Customers who live within the RSN team territory and the spot beam area will also be required to have the H20 (MPEG4 compatible) HD receiver along with a five LNB dish to receive the RSN's HD programming. The HD games will be available on viewer channel 96 or 97 in each market, and the 24/7 RSNs will be seen on a separate channel that will have the same viewer channel number as their standard definition feed. For customers outside the spot beam, select HD games may be available on channel 95.

Source: www.directv.com

DirecTV Press Release: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=127160&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=880397&highlight=

·
AllStar
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Vinny said:
.....On July 18, HD MLB games from YES Network (Yankees) and FSN Southwest (Rangers HD games will be seen only in the Dallas DMA) will be available, as well as a continuous 24/7 HD feed from NESN HD (Red Sox). In August DIRECTV will deliver HD MLB games from SportsNet New York (Mets), as well as continuous 24/7 HD feeds from Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic HD (Orioles) and Comcast SportsNet Chicago HDTV (Cubs, White Sox).

......Customers who live within the RSN team territory and the spot beam area will also be required to have the H20 (MPEG4 compatible) HD receiver along with a five LNB dish to receive the RSN's HD programming. The HD games will be available on viewer channel 96 or 97 in each market, and the 24/7 RSNs will be seen on a separate channel that will have the same viewer channel number as their standard definition feed. For customers outside the spot beam, select HD games may be available on channel 95.

Source: www.directv.com

DirecTV Press Release: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=127160&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=880397&highlight=
Ok, so what channel is NESN HD? I assume its different from 623? Of course the installer brought me a 3lnb with my upgrade, so its probably moot for me until I get that changed.

·
Legend
115 Posts
Interesting. I had two 623s I thought. 623 and 623HD. The Bruins telecast said NESN HD.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Bobwhite said:
Ok, so what channel is NESN HD? I assume its different from 623? Of course the installer brought me a 3lnb with my upgrade, so its probably moot for me until I get that changed.
I'm going to guess you are correct; the installer probably installed a 3 LNB. It's also my understanding that spot beaming would mean that the integrity of the station number stays in place. So you should see 2 channel 623's. One would be MPEG 4 and one SD.

I'm sure other posters will correct me if I'm wrong. So hang in there, answers are coming!

·
Legend
115 Posts
I had a 623 and 623HD. I have the Slimline 5LNB AU9 dish.

·
AllStar
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MarkGSportsNut said:
I had a 623 and 623HD. I have the Slimline 5LNB AU9 dish.
First off, thanks to you and Vinny for bringing my attention to the availability of NESN HD because I never would have known I could get this and I'm paying for the HD package.:mad:

Final question before I call up [email protected]@ and ***** them out for not bringing me the correct dish: This channel 623hd is listed on your channel guide with the 5lnb dish? Because it is nowhere to be found as an option with my 3lnb, the next channel after 623 is 624 and before it is 622. It is also nowhere on the HD channels. Thanks Again

·
Legend
115 Posts
No problem. I'm learning myself. I had the HR20-700 connected up to my Dual-LNB dish before the 5LNB dish was installed. I didn't have the Boston HD locals (4, 5, 7, 25) or 623HD listed in the guide with the dual LNB dish. Once the 5LNB dish was installed I started receiving those since they are on the other satellites (no HD package activation required). They are part of the locals if you receive that package. I now have WBZ4 for HD and BN4 for SD, WCVB5 for HD and BN5 for SD, and so on. 94/95 seem to be used for RSNs (FSNE when they broadcast in HD or NFL Network Thursday Night HD games).

HD package gives you Ch 72-79 (ESPN, ESPN2, TNT, UHD, DiscoveryHD, HDnet) for $9.99/month.

·
AllStar
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
MarkGSportsNut said:
No problem. I'm learning myself. I had the HR20-700 connected up to my Dual-LNB dish before the 5LNB dish was installed. I didn't have the Boston HD locals (4, 5, 7, 25) or 623HD listed in the guide with the dual LNB dish. Once the 5LNB dish was installed I started receiving those since they are on the other satellites (no HD package activation required). They are part of the locals if you receive that package. I now have WBZ4 for HD and BN4 for SD, WCVB5 for HD and BN5 for SD, and so on. 94/95 seem to be used for RSNs (FSNE when they broadcast in HD or NFL Network Thursday Night HD games).

HD package gives you Ch 72-79 (ESPN, ESPN2, TNT, UHD, DiscoveryHD, HDnet) for $9.99/month.
Much Thanks for the info!

I'm not sure I will be eligible for the NESN HD as I live in Maine, so I'm not sure how far that signal goes, if its local to the Boston area or not, but I will definitely give them a call:grin:

·
Legend
115 Posts
I would think you would get NESN, NESN HD, and FSNE plus any Celtic broadcasts in HD whether that is on FSNE or 95/96 (haven't caught one myself yet). You won't get the Boston locals so it will depend whether the Portland or Augusta/Bangor channels are in HD and whether D** offers them yet. You might need an OTA in the meantime if they have locals in HD but are not provided by D** at this time.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Bobwhite said:
First off, thanks to you and Vinny for bringing my attention to the availability of NESN HD because I never would have known I could get this and I'm paying for the HD package.:mad:

Final question before I call up [email protected]@ and ***** them out for not bringing me the correct dish: This channel 623hd is listed on your channel guide with the 5lnb dish? Because it is nowhere to be found as an option with my 3lnb, the next channel after 623 is 624 and before it is 622. It is also nowhere on the HD channels. Thanks Again
I'm glad I helped; even if it was just a little.

·
Godfather
336 Posts
MarkGSportsNut said:
I would think you would get NESN, NESN HD, and FSNE plus any Celtic broadcasts in HD whether that is on FSNE or 95/96 (haven't caught one myself yet). You won't get the Boston locals so it will depend whether the Portland or Augusta/Bangor channels are in HD and whether D** offers them yet. You might need an OTA in the meantime if they have locals in HD but are not provided by D** at this time.
I have seen almost all of the Bruins games in HD his season on channel 95/96 but only 2 Celtics games in HD on 95/96 I wish that all of the Celtics games were in HD. Anyone know why they are not all HD? I seem to get more Nets or Knicks in HD then the Celtics. I live in NH too.

·
Legend
115 Posts
You are seeing the Bruins on 95/96 and not 623HD? Do you have the Center Ice or NBA ticket? Do you have a 3LNB or 5LNB dish?

Looks like Portlands locals are in HD. You should be getting two of each of these stations (one for SD and one for HD) if it is like what I'm getting for Boston.
WMTW
WGME
WCSH

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.