DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Cool Member
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seeing an intermittent pixelation on my Vizio 50" plasma using HR20 with recent software Oct 11, 2006. Happens intermittently, dont recall seeing this before recent software upgrade. This happens with HDMI or Composite. I've only tried a few channels but so far all do it.
 

·
Lifetime Achiever
Joined
·
30,092 Posts
Is it during standard playback?
Or during FF

Also the channels have you tried are they MPEG-4 HD Locals ?
 

·
Cool Member
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Happens while watching live tv. The channel was HD Channel 4 Boston not sure if they are MPEG-4 but this is considered a local channel.
 

·
Lifetime Achiever
Joined
·
30,092 Posts
Then it is most likely to the known issues with the unit.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,020 Posts
I noticed this same problem on tnt-hd and also on hdnet movies this weekend I was watching live and was not using the FF.

I did not have this problem until the latest software update.
 

·
AllStar
Joined
·
65 Posts
Mavrick said:
I noticed this same problem on tnt-hd and also on hdnet movies this weekend I was watching live and was not using the FF.

I did not have this problem until the latest software update.
TNT-HD and HDNET are mpeg2 though.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,020 Posts
mirwin101 said:
TNT-HD and HDNET are mpeg2 though.
I know I just thought I would point out that it seems to not only effect MPEG4 channels for I noticed it on 2 MPEG2 channels.
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
210 Posts
Samo here w/ a recording frozen and won't play after FF for a long time... Would stop w/ a frozon single pic showing but sound was playing...

All vod shows would not play, Was able to view "stuck" recordings after " red button reset". Happened w/ a Cards BBall game that was in SD on local Chan...

skip to a tick trick still not working btw, :mad:

Mavrick said:
I noticed this same problem on tnt-hd and also on hdnet movies this weekend I was watching live and was not using the FF.

I did not have this problem until the latest software update.
 

·
Lifetime Achiever
Joined
·
30,092 Posts
mirwin101 said:
Earl, he didn't mention FF. Are you saying that pixelation on MPEG4 channels during standard play is a known issue now?
It is "possible", as it is the same piece of hardware and software that plays back the recording, that does the FF motion.

Not saying it is... but if it just started after the latest release, then it is possible. Especially if it is isolated to the MPEG-4 channels.
 

·
DBSTalk Club Member
Joined
·
88 Posts
I had the the pixelation on live TV all weekend on my locals, which are not HD yet. I also had the issue while watching the UFC Saturday night.

About every other hour or so on all channels, the video will freeze for just a second, then almost look like it's FF'd and catch up with the audio.

I'm wondering if I have a bad drive that's causing this.
 

·
Mentor
Joined
·
37 Posts
mirwin101 said:
Earl, he didn't mention FF. Are you saying that pixelation on MPEG4 channels during standard play is a known issue now?
I "know" it's happening with me to the point where it's unwatchable. :mad:

I'm on my 3rd box now... CSR's wont' admit there's a problem.
 

·
Lifetime Achiever
Joined
·
30,092 Posts
Deevan said:
I "know" it's happening with me to the point where it's unwatchable. :mad:

I'm on my 3rd box now... CSR's wont' admit there's a problem.
It is a software problem...

CSRs are usually not on the same page as the development team (as much as would expect them to be).
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
108 Posts
Add me to the list! Playback and FF! MPEG 4 & 2! It even froze up while watching Discovery HD and UHD about 6-8 times over the weekend! Bad HR20, bad HR20!
 

·
Lifetime Achiever
Joined
·
30,092 Posts
If you are freezing up that much (especially on MPEG-2), then it is possible you have a bad hard drive in the unit.
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
108 Posts
It's possible I guess. I thought for sure the reformat helped but that lasted for about 10 hours! I got excited for nothing! :( I'll be calling D* again and asking for a replacement.

Earl, do you think these issues that some of us are experiencing are caused by hardware, software, or sat. signal?
 

·
Mentor
Joined
·
37 Posts
bluesjam said:
Add me to the list! Playback and FF! MPEG 4 & 2! It even froze up while watching Discovery HD and UHD about 6-8 times over the weekend! Bad HR20, bad HR20!
My MP2 broadcasts are perfect in playback and live... MP4 is awful.

OTOH, call me crazy, but I'm beginning to like this interface BETTER than tivo's. (Except for the dual buffer and the season pass management.)
 

·
Lifetime Achiever
Joined
·
30,092 Posts
bluesjam said:
It's possible I guess. I thought for sure the reformat helped but that lasted for about 10 hours! I got excited for nothing! :( I'll be calling D* again and asking for a replacement.

Earl, do you think these issues that some of us are experiencing are caused by hardware, software, or sat. signal?
I think it is a combination of factors... I would wait for the next software release, and re-evaluate then.
 

·
New Member
Joined
·
2 Posts
Howdy All.
I am loving my new HR20, but recently, it has become almost unbearable to use. When I fast forward through commercials or slow scenes of a TV show, the fast forward (even 30sec skip) is actually skipping about two minutes ahead. This all occurs while the screen is pixelated in fast forward mode. The same thing occurs for rewind. It certainly does not pass the wife test. I am wondering if this happened because of a software update or what. Should I call and get a replacement unit?
Is anyone else experiencing this? Also, the audio track has been getting off recently.

Thanks all!!
 

·
Lifetime Achiever
Joined
·
30,092 Posts
Yes, everyone is experiencing the pixelizing while in FF mode.

It is one of the known issues with the current software release.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top