DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Icon
Joined
·
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posting this again, with added info.

The newest update did indeed get rid of my guide lag [ Yea!]

However, I am now experiencing brief pixellation/audio drop intermittently, especially at the top of the hour.

Since I noticed a large percentage is time sensitive [ again, top of the hour],this led me to believe It is not signal interference on my end.

Anyone else out there with this problem on their 222k since the update, "L594"?

Thanks!
 

·
New Member
Joined
·
3 Posts
I have a 211k-when I had the Free 30th anniversary offer HBO the sound would drop out & sometimes pixilate when I pressed any button on the remote.
now the box doesn't recognize the remote for about a minute or two ---mostly on the top of the hour.
:nono2::nono2:
 
Joined
·
914 Posts
Does this occur when you first turn on your TV? Please let me know. Thanks.

MONGO MAN said:
I have a 211k-when I had the Free 30th anniversary offer HBO the sound would drop out & sometimes pixilate when I pressed any button on the remote.
now the box doesn't recognize the remote for about a minute or two ---mostly on the top of the hour.
:nono2::nono2:
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
151 Posts
satcrazy said:
Posting this again, with added info.

The newest update did indeed get rid of my guide lag [ Yea!]

However, I am now experiencing brief pixellation/audio drop intermittently, especially at the top of the hour.

Since I noticed a large percentage is time sensitive [ again, top of the hour],this led me to believe It is not signal interference on my end.

Anyone else out there with this problem on their 222k since the update, "L594"?

Thanks!
I recently noticed that my 222k pixelates as my clocks are striking the hour. I've been curious about it.
 

·
Mentor
Joined
·
43 Posts
satcrazy said:
Posting this again, with added info.

The newest update did indeed get rid of my guide lag [ Yea!]

However, I am now experiencing brief pixellation/audio drop intermittently, especially at the top of the hour.

Since I noticed a large percentage is time sensitive [ again, top of the hour],this led me to believe It is not signal interference on my end.

Anyone else out there with this problem on their 222k since the update, "L594"?

Thanks!
Yes, my 222k is experiencing just what you have described. It is always just as the program ends at the top of the hour

Ray [email protected] Network said:
Is this occurring on all your channels or just one particular channel. Which channel is this happening on? Please let me know. Thanks.
It has occurred on 120, 182, and 192 that i know of for sure.
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ray [email protected] Network said:
Is this occurring on all your channels or just one particular channel. Which channel is this happening on? Please let me know. Thanks.
Hello Ray

This has been going on since the update, and not on particular channels.

Recently I've noticed that Now I get a glitch [ the audio stumbles, and the picture freezes/stumbles] at the 15 minute mark. It doesn't happen faithfully every hour, but It's certainly happening. It also doesn't last for more than a couple of seconds, but when it does, I look at the clock, and sure enough, pixelation at the top of the hour, glitching at the 15 minute mark.

Since it seems to be time controlled, what is your take on this?

If my reciever was a dvr, it would capture this problem.

Thanks to those who replied, I'm not alone!
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
151 Posts
I started noticing the pixelation at half past the hour then last night "psych" was scheduled to end at 10:05 and that was when the pixelation happened. It happens when the EPG progresses to a new program. Blame the EPG.
 
Joined
·
914 Posts
When did you begin noticing the pixelation? What software version do you have? A software update occurred early this morning for the 222k but may not have downloaded yet. Please let me know. Thanks.

John79605 said:
I started noticing the pixelation at half past the hour then lastg night "psych" was scheduled to end at 10:05 and that was when the pixelation happened. It happens when the EPG progresses to a new program. Blame the EPG.
 
Joined
·
914 Posts
It shouldn't run quickly. A check switch, depending upon the receiver, will last for several minutes. It can take up to 10 minutes in some cases. Please try running it again and if it ends quickly, run again to see if it will run correctly. Please let me know. Thanks.

John79605 said:
I have run Check Switch. It completes so quickly I end up wondering if it actually checked the switch.
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ray [email protected] Network said:
It shouldn't run quickly. A check switch, depending upon the receiver, will last for several minutes. It can take up to 10 minutes in some cases. Please try running it again and if it ends quickly, run again to see if it will run correctly. Please let me know. Thanks.
Ray,

What are the menu numbers for check switch?
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
151 Posts
Ray, is check switch supposed to cause a download of the latest software? I got that yesterday. Just now I unplugged the 222k and disconnected the tuner 1 and tuner 2 cables and check switch went through 38 steps. I saved that. When I reconnected the cables check switch went through 3 steps and took just seconds.
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
237 Posts
I can tell you there are many problems with these software updates as they are called. There are a number of little quirks that take place after a update.
I've learn a lot by going into the receiver's "menu", hit 6.."System Setup, and 5 "Factory Defaults", and all is well until Dish does their thing once more.
My question would be. If the 211K came out working okay, why mess with it?
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Skeeterman said:
I can tell you there are many problems with these software updates as they are called. There are a number of little quirks that take place after a update.
I've learn a lot by going into the receiver's "menu", hit 6.."System Setup, and 5 "Factory Defaults", and all is well until Dish does their thing once more.
My question would be. If the 211K came out working okay, why mess with it?
Thanks for the tip, does factory default actually eliminate the previous "software updates"?

Don't understand your last sentence. Only one poster with a 211k problem, never found out if his problem was resolved, the rest of us have the 222k.

thanks
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top