DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Godfather
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I've been looking around online for a week or so and havent found any place for D* information. This forum is mostly E* info. DBS Serivce desk is mostly E* info. DBS Forums is mostly E*. Anywhere with D* info?

· Banned
11,498 Posts
The majority of posters here are E* subs thats why theres so much Dish Net discussiojns going on. The only other place I know of that has a seperate D* forum is The DirecTiVo Forum over at Tivo Community Forums, most of the conversation there as you can imangine is about DirecTiVos but there is some programming chat that goes on there.

· Hall Of Fame
5,345 Posts
Also, if you are into NNPT (Usenet newsgroups)

alt.dss (all direcTV though the hackers have pretty much taken over)
rec.video.satellite.dbs (mostly DirecTV though it is supposed to be a "neutral" newsgroup. ) This is where many people from alt.dss have landed after the hacker take-over. Though alt.dss still has lots of legal info,

See ya
Tony

· New Texan
11,467 Posts
Originally posted by AJ2086
OK I've been looking around online for a week or so and havent found any place for D* information. This forum is mostly E* info. DBS Serivce desk is mostly E* info. DBS Forums is mostly E*. Anywhere with D* info?
:welcome: Welcome to DBS Talk.

Yes, there is a forum just for DirecTV users, just like there is a forum for Dish users. However, many of the issues (programming, etc.) apply to both systems.

· Banned
11,498 Posts
or any email client

· Hall Of Fame
5,345 Posts
Originally posted by AJ2086
How do you use the New Groups like alt.dss.
Most ISPs have Usenet access. They are all a little different in set-up. But if you use Microsoft Outlook Express (not Outlook) there is a newsgroup reader built in. Go to "Tools" on the menu bar and Click on accounts. You can set up the news reader there. You'll need the NNTP server name for your ISP. I have One Net and its NNTP server is "Supernews.one.net". You need to find out what it is for you.

Or you can just go to www.google.groups.com There is a free web sased newsreader there. Slow and inefficient, but it does the trick.

See ya
Tony

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.