DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Icon
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever seen the playback bar show the running times as incorrect? In this very horrible picture, you can sort of see that I recorded the Red Sox/Angels game. I hit the record button in the 8th inning, because I had to leave. I also padded the recording an extra 30 minutes. When I came home and watched the Angels sweep the Red Sox :D , I noticed that the playback bar was not showing the extra 30 minutes of pad. But when I fast forwarded, the pad time was there. The attached picture shows that I am at 3:44 of 2:58 total running time.

Not a big deal, but definitely weird. This is an HR20-700 with the current National Release.

Attachments

· Lifetime Achiever
21,244 Posts
Which "current National Release"? 0x235, 0x251 (unlikely but possible), or 0x254? :)

I have seen this rarely but not quite as blurry as you've got... :)

I think I have but, on the serious side, very rarely. And I don't normally extend a program whilst recording (even more rarely) so I've never quite duplicated your situation.

Cheers,
Tom

· Lifetime Achiever
21,244 Posts
Also, what channel did you record this on? OTA? MPEG4 HD LIL? Something else?

Thanks,
Tom

· Icon
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am on 0x254. I was watching ESPNHD 206, which I assume is still MPEG2.

I padded the show in progress, because it was still tied at the time and I wanted to make sure I didn't miss extra innings. I do this from time to time and have not seen this behavior before.

Like I said, not a big deal, but something that I felt should be reported.

I activated the reporting feature so I could get a report if it is worth it.

Thanks!

· Broadcast Engineer
4,146 Posts
Wow! what'd you shoot that with, a Kodak Brownie?

It's a glitch. I've seen my Tivo report that a show was 713 hours long in the time bar. I've seen it a couple times, actually.

· Hall Of Fame
2,050 Posts
Not sure if this is the same because I can't really make out your picture, but I was watching the 4 hour Steven King move the other day (live TV). I was about 10 minutes behind in the buffer. I had 2 shows scheduled to record at 8:00pm and got the warning message about the channel change. I didn't want to lose the buffer (and the end of my show), so I hit record. I then went to the Playlist and hit play. The time bar went from 0:00 to something like 0:56 but the actual amount recorded was more than that. I hit FF and when the bar got to 56:00 it stayed there, but the time counter kept going as did the recording. So I ended up with the current time position going father than the bar sort of like the OP stated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.