DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Mentor
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been able to repeat this so I figured I would post it so that maybe it will get fixed.

If you lose satellite signal (Box gets stuck on Acquiring Guide Data) and you go to your list of recorded programs and try to play one of the recordings the HR20 will freeze and need a restart.

Just FYI

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
TMNJ101 said:
I have been able to repeat this so I figured I would post it so that maybe it will get fixed.

If you lose satellite signal (Box gets stuck on Acquiring Guide Data) and you go to your list of recorded programs and try to play one of the recordings the HR20 will freeze and need a restart.

Just FYI
Are you on 0xFA or 0x104

· Cool Member
16 Posts
TMNJ101 said:

Just FYI
Had the same problem last week when the wind knocked my dish out of alignment and we lost power. When power returned, HR20 could not acquire SATs. Tried playing programs from the List and machine froze. Speculate that it is caused by the HR20 getting the date and time from the SATs. Without the date and time, which couldn't be found due to the loss of signal, I think the HR20 has a problem playing recorded files. Noticed that the recorded programs showed that they were scheduled to record on XYZ date rather then were recorded on XYZ date when I accessed them from the List. I have OxFA.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
TMNJ101 said:
They should really work on that, because then if you cancel service and own the box and want to watch recorded shows you cant
But at least with the HR20... unless you spent $800+ on the box, you don't own it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.