·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Playboy, DirecTV Agree on Distribution
Source: http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/061020/playboy_directv.html?.v=1

Yahoo!My Yahoo!Mail Make Y! your home pageYahoo! SearchSearch:Welcome, ebonovic
[Sign Out, My Account]Finance Home -Help

HomeInvestingNews & OpinionRetirementBanking & CreditLoansInsuranceSmall BizSpecial EditionsColumnistsPersonal FinanceInvesting IdeasMarketsCompany FinancesProvidersGet QuotesSymbol LookupFinance Search

AP
Playboy, DirecTV Agree on Distribution
Friday October 20, 5:43 pm ET
Playboy, DirecTV Agree to Extend Distribution Relationship

NEW YORK (AP) -- Playboy Enterprises Inc. said Friday two subsidiaries agreed to continue distributing Playboy channels to DirecTV Inc. subscribers.
Under the agreement, DirecTV gets non-exclusive rights to transmit Playboy's Playboy TV, Spice Xcess and Club Jenna networks in the United States until Nov. 15, 2008, according to a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Playboy already provides DirecTV with Playboy TV and two other channels through an existing agreement with DirecTV. Playboy said it expects transmission of the new networks to begin Nov. 16.

Financial terms were not disclosed, but Playboy said its sales will reflect its share of revenue received from DirecTV customers who purchase the right to view the network's programming, subject to DirecTV receiving certain minimum revenue amounts from networks other than Playboy TV

·
Éminence grise
8,473 Posts
Good, maybe after working out agreements with Playboy and Fox News they'll have time to work on getting agreements with Tribune and some other owners of locals for HD carrriage.

·
Up The Irons!
5,775 Posts
Woohooooooooo thank you D*..Who said they never add worthwhile SD channels :D

·
Legend
134 Posts
I wish you could subscibe to the channel. I don't order pay-per view. Dish lets you do that to there hard core channels. I feel it's cheaper and you can watch it when you want.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
^^^^

You can with D*, but it costs $7500/year. Its called the Titanium package.

I wonder if the deal includes Playboy HD when the new sats go up next year?

·
Legend
229 Posts
lostman72 said:
I wish you could subscibe to the channel. I don't order pay-per view. Dish lets you do that to there hard core channels. I feel it's cheaper and you can watch it when you want.
I don't know about the other two channels mentioned, but Playboy (595) has been available for something like $15 a month for quite some time now.

·
Up The Irons!
5,775 Posts
Thats the only one you can subscribe to monthly I think lostman72's point was that E* subs are permitted to sub to their other hard core channels monthly.

·
Up The Irons!
5,775 Posts
Apparently these are not new additions rather these are channel rebrandings that D* has agreed to carry per Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spice_Network

The Spice Digital networks recently went through major changes, with several channels being re-branded and others discontinued. As of November 1, 2006 the following changes will take effect:

The Hot Network is now ClubJenna
Hot Zone is now Spice:Xcess
Spice Hot (Discontinued)
Spice Live (Discontinued)
Spice Platinum (Discontinued)

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
Wow what stupid names. Fresh, Shorteez, Xcess & Club Jenna.

·
Up The Irons!
5,775 Posts
Steve Mehs said:
Wow what stupid names. Fresh, Shorteez, Xcess & Club Jenna.
I agree..lol

·
Hall Of Fame
1,528 Posts
I think the PPV's are a waste as they are so overpriced you can buy a DVD for the cost of a 90 minute block.

PlayboyTV just repeats the same handful of shows over and over and over and except for the Directors Cut movies offers little if you ask me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.