DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Mentor
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to play videos on my TV that are located on a computer. I have TVersity installed. The HR20-700 can see the videos but when I try to play them it says "unable to access video". I have transcoding enabled.

Is there a particular format that can or can not be supported? Do I need to do something with the files?

Jeff

· Cool Member
21 Posts
You should not need to do anything special. Did you install the codec pack? Can you check the status tab while attempting playback, does it show that transcoding starts? Does it progress? Does streaming start? Are there any error messages in the server messages area?

· Mentor
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ronenmiz said:
You should not need to do anything special. Did you install the codec pack? Can you check the status tab while attempting playback, does it show that transcoding starts? Does it progress? Does streaming start? Are there any error messages in the server messages area?
I believe that the codec pack installed automatically after the program installed. I do not see a status tab on the TV screen.

All that happens is it tries to play the video and then I get the error message that says "unable to access video".

Jeff

· Godfather
319 Posts
jdegrandpre said:
I believe that the codec pack installed automatically after the program installed. I do not see a status tab on the TV screen.

All that happens is it tries to play the video and then I get the error message that says "unable to access video".

Jeff
Things to try:

Make sure the video will play on the PC by launching it from tversity. If not you need to do a codec hunt. There are a couple of good free packages out there.

Temporarily disable the firewall on your PC.

The tversity service in windows needs to run out of an administrator account. Go to the services control panel applet, find the tversity service, pick properties and edit the log on credentials. Stop and restart the service. This could very well be your problem.

-steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.