DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Charter Gold Club Member
22,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From CNN online...

..."Sony remains tight-lipped about the timing of the next generation's debut, but it is dropping some hints about the product's likely shape -- or more accurately, lack of shape.

"We're not thinking about hardware," said Kenichi Fukunaga, spokesman for Sony Computer Entertainment..."

Full Story

716 Posts
""The ideal solution would be having an operating system installed in various home appliances that could run game programs," he said."

So I could play "The Thing" while sitting inside my refrigerator, and really feel the creeping coldness and isolation ? :p

· Charter Gold Club Member
22,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"So I could play "The Thing" while sitting inside my refrigerator, and really feel the creeping coldness and isolation?"

Just watch out for the creepy crawly thing slithering out of that 2 year old container of cottage cheese... :eek2:

· Hall Of Fame
5,047 Posts
I heard that they were going to release the PS3 in 2005 for $400.
man, what's next?cars that can fly like in The Fifth Element? If its a set type box with gaming on the side then it will be a failiure. You need to be dedicated to gaming.
IMO, M$ is making a mistake by adding the TIVO element to the Xbox. I know they probably are not expecting a lot of sales, but still its really stretching what can be put inside a video game console.

· Hall Of Fame
7,657 Posts
I personally dont think they are making a mistake, that the more functionality the better, although some would not want to be forced into paying extra for those features that they do not want, in which an add on should be 'optional' . I also think that by the tiem 2005 rolls around hard drives may not be the only thing around, but the video may be stored on chips as well with lots more storage capacity and a lower pricepoint.

· Hall Of Fame
5,047 Posts
Sony and M$ are both thinking, outside the box. Either way it wouldnt be smart, Panasonic tried the whole Set Top Box thing and the 3D0 got smoked, of course now companies have more third party support and it wouldnt cost 600 bucks (I hope) But i still dont see it as a smart choice, keep the extras like DVD and Net at a minimum, the main emphasis should be gaming.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.