DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Mentor
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 322 connected to just one tv (installer was supposed to bring 311). Anyway, I want to get an additional remote #1 so my wife and I will both have one (for the same tv). I have tried to get the #2 remote to do this but haven't been successful. If I buy another #1 remote on ebay will it work, and will I have to do any setup? Thanks

·
Hall Of Fame
2,114 Posts
I'm not sure what you have tried, and I've never seen a 322, but I want to make sure you've tried removing the Blue 2 key at the bottom of the remote and flipped it over to the Green 1 side. Then push and hold the Sat button and enter the address you are using for TV1, followed by the # button.
More info at http://tech.dishnetwork.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/content/tech/remotes/4.0.shtml

ANY IR remote can be used to control TV1 so there isn't a lot you'd need to do if you purchase another remote. If you get to a System Info screen, it will show what remote address is currently being used for TV1 / TV2 and if you hit Record on an IR remote, it will change TV1 to match whatever address that remote is configured to use.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,411 Posts
Make sure you read the bottom of page 34 of the 322 manual.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.