DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
1,199 Posts
ophkw said:
Ok I like to think I am pretty technical. But I have been so confused lately. We just got a new LG Plasma. And we got a HR-20 installed. Had some problems with the install but all is good now. My question is this. I'm paranoid about watching television with the black bars on the side. I'm afraid of burn in. I was watching the Chicago Marathon this weekend for about an hour and you could see the bars after I changed the channel.

So how do I get rid of the bars? If I change the display on the HR's menu from pillar, to crop to stretch the picture no matter what it stays the same. If I change the format on my TV I can't see any of the HR functions like the trick play bar. Is this normal?? Or am I doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance! I've already learned alot and it helped me a lot on my install.
Try to use the best "stretched" setting your TV has when watching non-HD tranmissions (mine is called 4:3 expanded on my Hitachi plasma). I can't see my trick play bar when I stretch a 4:3 image to 16:9 either. Just the way it is. Also, stay away from bars until you've used your set more than 100 hours (or even up to 200), then the burn-in factor goes down. Same with contrast setting. Keep in in the middle or lower for the burn-in period. Also, check forums for people who have your plasma, as they will have a lot of advice on the burn-in period, etc.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.