DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I need help with my directv receiver. currently I have two HR-24 at my home (lets called it house#1 - connected via swm). I am planning to move one of this receiver to my other house (lets called it house#2) which have legacy setup and not swm.

Today I tried moving one of my HR24 to my house#2. Since house#2 has legacy setup, there should be 2 coaxial cables going the receiver, please correct me if I am wrong.

When I power up the HR24 receiver, I get error message 771A - which means that there is no connection or loss of communication with the swm.

what can I do to fix this issue?

appreciate your help in advanced

-W

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for your reply veryoldschool

can you please tell me what BBC means
and rerunning the satellite setup, that means that the receiver is already set to be SWiM and I need to change the settings on the receiver so that is legacy compatible?

·
Godfather
748 Posts
wasaland said:

and rerunning the satellite setup, that means that the receiver is already set to be SWiM and I need to change the settings on the receiver so that is legacy compatible?
BBC, I believe, stands for Broadband Converter. It's a small rectangular box with a coax pigtail on the end. It's attached between the receiver and the coax that leads to the antenna.

·
Super Moderator
42,754 Posts
wasaland said:

How close are your to Lowes' in Sunnyvale?
I have spare BBCs

·
Hall Of Fame
8,071 Posts
alnielsen said:
BBC, I believe, stands for Broadband Converter. It's a small rectangular box with a coax pigtail on the end. It's attached between the receiver and the coax that leads to the antenna.
BBC = "B-Band Converter."

Converts the Ka B-band (250-750 MHz) range signals to the Ka A-Band (1650-2150 MHz) range ones whenever the receiver commands as necessary to tune to a channel in that frequency range.

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
veryoldschool said:
I just saw someone steal your BBCs :lol:

Pigtail goes on the SAT input.

Re-run the SAT setup and select the correct dish.
Thanks, will make good use of it.

BTW, how do I get to the setup menu if I always get the 771A message...
isn't there is something you can input on the remote to get to the setup menu?

·
Super Moderator
42,754 Posts
wasaland said:
Thanks, will make good use of it.

BTW, how do I get to the setup menu if I always get the 771A message...
isn't there is something you can input on the remote to get to the setup menu?
Press and hold the info button.
It should get to to another screen.
A couple days ago I had to do this and once there I could press menu and get to where I was able to move to the setup.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.