DBSTalk Forum banner
81 - 82 of 82 Posts

· Legend
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Since I originally posted, I am now seeing picture breakup issues on the local CBS station, both on the DirecTV feed as well as my OTA signal on the AM21. I reported the issue to the stations chief engineer, and received this response:

"We are having issues with 5G wireless interfering with CBS programming, I know it is hard to believe. A few years back the FCC deemed it necessary for 5G to encroach on Satellite bandwidth so providers are having to move to locations that they will not be interfered with or insert filters that will remove the interference. In our case our company has launched the installation of filters that will eliminate the interference. In the case of DirecTV, they pick us up OTA which means that they would show the interference."

I am encouraged that they are aware of the issue and are working on it, and this may explain similar picture issues I have seen on the ABC and the NBC signals.

· Super Moderator
54,190 Posts
The interference is with the OTA bandwidth or it would not appear on OTA received signals.
In most cases satellite providers use local receive facilities to pick up stations OTA.
Those LRFs would be susceptible to interference from nearby 5G and LTE signals.

81 - 82 of 82 Posts