DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Legend
Joined
·
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everybody,

I currently have three HD DVR's (HR22-100, HR21-100, and a HR20-700). All three have two cables running to each, which I guess means I do not have SWM. The main unit (HR22-100) is in the LR and is connected to my router, via a switch and power line ethernet connection. It also has an AM21 off-air tuner attached.

I received an offer from DTV to upgrade to Whole-House DVR for free for being a long-time loyal (5 heart) customer.

What can I expect to do as far as set up?
What is the optimal solution for me based on the equipment I have? What I mean is how will they set me up?
Will this change require me to sign up for two more years?
Should I ask for a certain set up / equipment when I call?
What do I gain for installing this functionality?
Will I loose any functionality?

Thank you for your responses.
 

· Legend
Joined
·
640 Posts
I had the same offer and I did take the offer. I have two DVR and each has an AM21 attach. Technician had never seen that AM21, but after all the cabling and hooking directly to my router everything is working fantastic.
 

· Super Moderator
Joined
·
12,438 Posts
Nolzman said:
What can I expect to do as far as set up?
The installer will do everything needed. You shouldn't have to do anything.
Nolzman said:
What is the optimal solution for me based on the equipment I have? What I mean is how will they set me up?
An SWM LNB in the dish, a single coax going indoors, a 4-way splitter with a single coax to each of your DVRs.
Nolzman said:
Will this change require me to sign up for two more years?
Probably
Nolzman said:
Should I ask for a certain set up / equipment when I call?
If you are not changing any of your DVRs, there really isn't anything to ask for. The installer will bring everything needed.
Nolzman said:
What do I gain for installing this functionality?
The ability to watch a recording on any of your DVRs on any other DVR. Very convenient.
Nolzman said:
Will I loose any functionality?
Nope. Be aware though, there is a recurring monthly cost for whole-home ($3 I think)
 

· Legend
Joined
·
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I think I'll call tomorrow and get set up to get installed.

Another question. What happens if one of my HDDVR's dies when I have Whole House DVR? Will they replace with another HDDVR, or will I only get a HD receiver?
 

· Legend
Joined
·
244 Posts
Nolzman said:
Thanks for the info. I think I'll call tomorrow and get set up to get installed.

Another question. What happens if one of my HDDVR's dies when I have Whole House DVR? Will they replace with another HDDVR, or will I only get a HD receiver?
nope, it will be replaced with another hd/dvr. not necessarily the same model, but a similar one HR20-4
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top