DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
231 Posts
tstarn said:
Just glad to see I'm not alone. Misery loves company, I guess. In my case, it's ER and Grey's Anatomy for my wife and daughter; football for me. It's funny to see both the HR-20's amber light and the R10's red light always working in unison, recording the same shows. It's like some sort of weird video parallel universe. The problem really arises when you get 30 minutes into a recorded show (like ER) on the HR-20, and the sound drops out or the picture breaks up (if it doesn't freeze at the start). Then, it's over to the R10.

This may sound nuts, but I just bought an extra R10 and an older Hughes Directv w/Tivo receiver ($50) from ebay so my wife has a good backup supply of Tivo replacements with D*. I don't have much faith in the HR-20 based on R15 forum problems a year after launch. We'll see.
Well - I'm now known as the guy who threw his P.O.S. in the trash - then pulled it back out.

I have to admit a couple of things. Since OxD8 my unit has worked flawlessly.

In addition I have noticed the last week or so that all our local MPEG4 stations are now crystal damn clear - beautiful HD with NO macroblocking or low bitrate problems. Stunning PQ and finally what I've been waiting for. If this is a good example of the MPEG4 future then I can't wait.

Aside - now that the local MPEG4's look so damn good - I don't care about OTA.

GEEEEEE - suppose that might be part of D*'s plan????? ;)

·
Banned
231 Posts
tstarn said:
Could be. Glad it's working. I was in the same boat as of last night (no issues for 4-5 days), but alas, MNF locked up and the BSOD took over.
Go Broncos! That was a great game eh? I time shifted that with the HR20 and tortured the box throughout the game - no problems flawless perfomance. Can't imagine why?

·
Banned
231 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
Sure...

There are people that open a thread, with a complaint about the box...
Some one later posts... Well mine has been working fine...

then someone (Be it the OP) or someone else, will come back with a "well it will"

So even those people that post they have NO issues, get chastized... just like the ones that post they DO have issues... it is an equal opportunity chastizing forum....

So long as you don't bring it down to the personal level.

Bottom line is... The forums are here to discuss the issues, state your opinions, but those that post (on either side of the fence) will have someone barking at them from the other side.... just the nature of the beast right now.
Earl - I'm just curious. How old are you? Are you a child prodigy?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.