DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Legend
176 Posts
I feel your pain, I finally had to unhook my HR20s and go back to the cable (Brighthouse) HD DVR for my wife. I have faith that it will be better, but right now it's just not usable.

Issues:
1. freezing during playback
2. picture breakup and pixilization on MPEG 4 broadcasts (ABC especially)
3. Dual buffers
4. Closed captioning

I am going to have to suspend my D* service if it is not fixed soon, it's too expensive to keep cable and D* but I gotta go with what works.

·
Legend
176 Posts
bonscott87 said:
Why unhook the DirecTivo? Keep both going until you trust the HR20 fully and/or the bugs are worked out. In the meantime you get 4 tuners and can make sure critical programs are recorded on the Tivo just in case.

I don't get why people keep deactivating their only other DVR. :D
I unhooked mine to stop my wife from complaining about it. She was using it and it was fine for most things but her favorite shows are mostly on ABC which was creating the problem. I do have it hooked up again, but it is secondary because it is not reliable enough to be primary.

·
Legend
176 Posts
tstarn said:
Exactly my plan, keep the HR-20 for myself (poker, sports, movies) and she can have the R10 all to herself. She loves that idea. Can't even understand this jones for HD. If you missed the piece I wrote about it, check this link out, http://www.tvpredictions.com/toms100606.htm

In fact, as you can see in an earlier post, I even went out and bought two more used D* SD Tivos (a Hughes and and R10) on ebay, so even if the current one breaks, she'll have two more backups.
My wife loves HD, she has told me several times that she will watch something just because it is HD and looks so good.

Of course my wife has also been heard to say in July "I can't wait 'til football season.":kisscheek

·
Legend
176 Posts
Marcia_Brady said:
If it were me and I was angry about the unit that my husband purchased I would simply say "I hate you."

;)
That will be coming shortly if this doesn't get fixed soon!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.