DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Banned
1,199 Posts
bonscott87 said:
My wife can't stand a show that's not in HD. When watching Sunday Ticket and if it's a game not in HD she immediately complains it's not in HD.

But as with joejhawk she is nuts about hockey and loves her football too as well as gets into all my "gadgets" and anything Sci Fi. Gotta be the reason I married her. :icon_da:
Notice I made the connection between football and HD. There is something to be said for it. Trust me, every woman I know who hates football is indifferent about HD. Weird.

·
Banned
1,199 Posts
cmoss5 said:
My wife enjoys basebal and football with me (am I lucky or what) and she
really likes even better on our 2 Panasonic plasma tvs...42" in bed room
and the 50" in living room...all the HD programs are great and the football
games are even better..by the way, my wife can tell you what the penalty
is going to when when a flag is thrown by the officiating crew most of the
time as she knows about holding, off sides, personal fouls....in baseball,
she knows a lot here too....is great to have a wife who enjoys tv as much
as I do, especially now in HD locals and other HD programming.....also, never
had any problems with my new HR20-700 with my HDMI hook ups for sound
and picture as hooked up to Pioneer VSX-74 Elite and Bose 1300 speakers system...fantastic sound to go with picture....
\

Personally, I like to watch football without my wife. We all need some alone time now and again.

But I understand how you feel...

·
Banned
1,199 Posts
bonscott87 said:
My wife can't stand a show that's not in HD. When watching Sunday Ticket and if it's a game not in HD she immediately complains it's not in HD.

But as with joejhawk she is nuts about hockey and loves her football too as well as gets into all my "gadgets" and anything Sci Fi. Gotta be the reason I married her. :icon_da:
When I got married, the only true tech gadget was the Walkman, so meeting gadget-oriented women was a tough one.:hurah:

·
Banned
686 Posts
loubolb said:
My wife was on fire when desperate houswives was replaced with a message from directv stating "We are working on the problem, No need to call us". I got the entire list of fcc banned words aimed at myself and the hr20 for the fact that she had to watch DH in SD. Then the next hour the same thing happened during Brothers and Sisters.
My wife was upset about Desperate Housewives also (BTW. "No need to call" my shiny metal rear) until I called D* to complain, and they gave us a $50 credit :)

·
Godfather
420 Posts
matto said:
My wife was upset about Desperate Housewives also (BTW. "No need to call" my shiny metal rear) until I called D* to complain, and they gave us a $50 credit :)
It quite possibly was an affiliate problem. Right now here in Charlotte, the ABC OTA is out (Verified thru my HR10-250) and the message on the HR20 is "No Need To Call....."

Don't blame the HR20, maybe its not it's shiny metal rears fault.

·
Legend
187 Posts
fdeitz said:
I'm glad to hear it's not just me too - thanks to both you and patsrule316 who is also in Northern Virginia. I don't have any way of getting OTA currently so it's also good to know that this isn't a problem with the OTA signal. Well, hopefully they'll fix the DC area soon!
It definitely happened three times during lost last night. My wife said "Maybe we should record ABC in SD instead of HD."

·
Banned
63 Posts
patsrule316 said:
It definitely happened three times during lost last night. My wife said "Maybe we should record ABC in SD instead of HD."
I saw the same thing last night too with the pixelation/scrambled picture during Lost. Fortunately this time I did just that - recorded it in SD on my Tivo upstairs in the bedroom so I should be able to watch it fine up there tonight in SD. Between the pixelation and the CC problems (my wife uses the CC) I'm rapidly learning to record everything in SD as a backup using my separate Tivo unit connected to an SD receiver upstairs in the bedroom.

·
3 Posts
wakajawaka said:
It quite possibly was an affiliate problem. Right now here in Charlotte, the ABC OTA is out (Verified thru my HR10-250) and the message on the HR20 is "No Need To Call....."

Don't blame the HR20, maybe its not it's shiny metal rears fault.
I guess the bottom line is that DirecTV really can't be held responsible for market specific HD-OTA issues. I really want an HR-20 mainly for the increased capacity and speed, but I want to be able to receive the HD locals OTA for the time being (a few weeks?). If the PQ is better OTA than off sat., then all the more reason to stick with an antenna for good.

Just to clarify, if/when I have the HR-20 installed, a new software update has already been created and will automatically download? I still have not received the 6.3 update for my HR-10, but I'm considering sticking with it for awhile based on all the negative experiences with the HR-20..........

·
Hall Of Fame
1,161 Posts
Got an idea! when something happens to our programs, just have wives call DTV. I bet it wouldn't take them long to get things fixed!!:D

·
Godfather
284 Posts
finaldiet said:
Got an idea! when something happens to our programs, just have wives call DTV. I bet it wouldn't take them long to get things fixed!!:D
Haha! I suggested that to my wife, to which she responded "No, YOU wanted HD. So you call." :lol: :rolleyes:

·
3 Posts
jkc120 said:
Haha! I suggested that to my wife, to which she responded "No, YOU wanted HD. So you call." :lol: :rolleyes:
My wife was the same way, until a week ago.

I called to complain about my replacement HR20 being on backorder. They offered me programming credits for all the problems. 1 minute after I hung up the phone I get a call from my wife saying every station on every receiver in the house says it isn't purchased. Turns out, in the process of giving me credits, they disconnected all service. She said "I'll take care of it", and hung up. I wouldn't have wanted to be on the other end of that call.

·
Godfather
420 Posts
EnglishAle said:
Just to clarify, if/when I have the HR-20 installed, a new software update has already been created and will automatically download? I still have not received the 6.3 update for my HR-10, but I'm considering sticking with it for awhile based on all the negative experiences with the HR-20..........
When mine was installed the updates downloaded within an hour.

·
Banned
686 Posts
finaldiet said:
oddly enough, my wife, who will not accept a 5-minute delay from me in taking out the garbage, will allow car dealerships and customer support representives to talk her into apologizing for having a problem.

·
Godfather
260 Posts
wakajawaka said:
No, It's Dancing with the Stars. If she misses it I'm dead. :eek2:

Plus TV became "critical" when my son was born 4 1/2 years ago.
At least we might have a class action suit against D* when all of our wives divorce us because of this thing.

·
3 Posts
Wife just told me to "stop talking",handed me the remote and left the room, after one of her recorded shows missed the last minute or so, and I attempted to explain why this happens. So I just stopped talking and watched her walk away.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.