DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mentor
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been traveling alot lately and figured it's time for a PVR. I've glanced through the AV500E manual and figure it can do most that I need. Am I correct in assuming it can do the following?

1) Tranfer in real time, recorded video from my 301 DVR

2) Record through a timer in real time form my 301 DVR

3) Receive and display video from my computer in MPEG2 format (or converted to MPEG2 )

4) Receive and playback MP3 and/or WMA files from my computer?

5) Record and display video from DVD and/or VCR playback (including commercial titles)

6) Receive and display JPEGS transferd from my computer

Also what can the Echostar version of this Archos PVR do that the "regular" one can't, besides the quick transfer from the 622 or 942?

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,461 Posts
fishhead65 said:
I've been traveling alot lately and figured it's time for a PVR. I've glanced through the AV500E manual and figure it can do most that I need. Am I correct in assuming it can do the following?
It says that it can do those things in the manual and spec sheets; you don't need to assume.

The only feature that I think they should have added was the ability to IR Blast the PocketDish from the 301 or IR control the 301 from the PocketDish.

·
Mentor
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can I record on it just as I would on my 301? For example, can I see a timer and select programming to record on the AV500 when connect? Like if I wanted to record several movies or programs overnight and I would not have to tend to it.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,461 Posts
fishhead65 said:
Can I record on it just as I would on my 301? For example, can I see a timer and select programming to record on the AV500 when connect? Like if I wanted to record several movies or programs overnight and I would not have to tend to it.
As I said in the previous post, the PocketDish units are not supported through the IR Blaster on the 301. You would have to set timers on both the 301 and the PocketDish.

·
Super Moderator
53,493 Posts
Didn't they add the remote control via the RCA video port to the 301? (I can't remember what they called it - but a receiver CAN control a PocketDish via signalling sent along with the AV feeds from the receiver. No USB connection required and the recording is done in "real time".

·
Hall Of Fame
2,114 Posts
They did add recording to the Pocketdish from a 301/311 timer via the RCA jacks. I don't have one, but http://ekb.dbstalk.com/Tech0602.htm
Record Link uses XDS. Connect to receiver such as a 311 or 301 using
RCA cables. The STB controls the PocketDISH through the connection,
signals the PocketDISH to start recording just like a built-in DVR.
Just got rolled out to the majority of the boxes.
"Record Link" or XDS might be good search terms for additional info (of which I have none).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.