DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the HR20 which will replace a Zenith DTV1080. My Ultravision doesn't support HDMI so I have to use component video. I am very disappointed with the video quality using component out of the HR-20.

Anyone else have this issue or do I possibly have a bad unit?

Thanks,
RICK

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
2,533 Posts
I started with HDMI and have since switched to component as it is just easier with my setup and found virtually no difference. I almost want to say that my component has been better... Double check that you are actually getting 720p or 1080i sent out. It's not active when you first start your HR-20. You have to manually enable the output of those signals.

·
Registered
12,591 Posts
What channels are you viewing? Standard definition channels will often look poor on large screen HDTVs, regardless of which video connection you use. If you're viewing HiDef channels and still getting bad video, then something's wrong with your HR20's component outputs, or perhaps your TV's component inputs.

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HD is great with my old STB using component out. I got the HR-20 only because of its HD recording ability. I must have a defective unit. Yes, sdtv looks bad regardless.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.