DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
AllStar
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TV#2 to my 222 receiver is fine, however tv#2 to my 722k receiver is snowy-sound is fine. I have checked all of the coax connections and all are fine. Before calling for service is there any other items I can check? Anyone run into this before? Thanks.

·
AllStar
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input. I went to the modulator screen but it only gives me channels 73-125 to choose from on tv2(it's set to 73). I moved it to a couple higher channels but it was slightly worse. Is there a way to get to the lower channels? I will try to connect the home distribution cable directly tomorrow as I have some company tonight. Thanks again.

·
AllStar
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
speedboat said:
You must have it set to CABLE, as 73 is the lowest. I think you want this set to AIR, then you can go lower, but might not even need to once set properly.
I just tried that. I moved it to air 25 and set tv2 to 25. No signal through at all. I'm not sure why I would use air instead of cable as I'm connecting a coax cable to tv2. Am I missing something? I know the 73 cable is where the original installer put it.

·
AllStar
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
boba said:
He dosen't know the difference between cable and air and you expect him to know the difference RG-59 and RG-6.
You should be very proud of your constructive criticism!

·
AllStar
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
tomallison24 said:
You should be very proud of your constructive criticism!
I brought tv2 next to tv1 and ran the rg6 cable directly from 722k to the tv. Only slightly better on cable 73 and air 25. I tried a different cable with no change, so I'm guessing it's in the 722k unit somewhere. Any other thoughts before I call for service?

·
AllStar
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ray [email protected] Network said:
Try using an RCA cable directly from the receiver to the TV to see if you are having the same problem. If you get a clear picture with the RCA cable, the coax port is bad on the 722k. Please let me know. Thanks.
That did it. Service call then?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.