DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
New Member
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All, Getting poor/no reception on these channels, while ESPNHD works great.

Is this a D* sat. problem or a dish aiming problem -- some transponders OK while others not..?

System's been up for less then a year, is it possible to get a D* service call at low/no cost?

What are the chances of running into Ironwood here in central Va.?

Thanks very much in advance!!!
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
3,682 Posts
bsu4phd said:
System's been up for less then a year, is it possible to get a D* service call at low/no cost?
Nope, 90 days is the warranty. After that it's $80 or poretection plan. Unless you can talk the CSR down.
bsu4phd said:
What are the chances of running into Ironwood here in central Va.?
If they are the HSP 100%.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
6,039 Posts
bsu4phd said:
All, Getting poor/no reception on these channels, while ESPNHD works great.

Is this a D* sat. problem or a dish aiming problem -- some transponders OK while others not..?

System's been up for less then a year, is it possible to get a D* service call at low/no cost?

What are the chances of running into Ironwood here in central Va.?

Thanks very much in advance!!!
Is this problem occurring on all of the 'new' HD channels or just those two? Post your satellite signal measurements for us. By "poor/no reception" do you mean pixelation or can't find signal messages or what?

If you do run into Ironwood, then God help you.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
3,682 Posts
n3ntj said:
If you do run into Ironwood, then God help you.
I think we should refrain from comments like this.
Yes, there is a high profile story about them going around but let's not vilify every single technician here even if they don't work for a large company such as ironwood.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
6,039 Posts
Sorry, but I thought we were still living in a free country.
 

·
New Member
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bruinfever said:
Posting your signal for all sats can help us detrmine your problem.. Is it just HD channels or SD channels as well?
Thanks for your feedback! With so many more sat's/transponders nowadays are there ones I should focus on?

Are ESPNHD (comes in great) and CNNHD (usually doesn't come in except for a sec of pixels) on different sat's/transponders?

All the SD channels are good.

Thanks again!
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top