DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
AllStar
101 Posts
I was having similar problems for 3 weeks after the initial install. Programs wouldn't record due to weak signal, or unable to tune into a channel when changing channels. The tech came out Saturday, and realized that their was a poor connection in the back of my receiver. It has been working great ever since he changed the connection. So hopefully it will be as simple as that for you.:grin:

He also told me that if tuner 28 is anything less than 100, than you will have signal loss even though all other settings could be 100. I was getting occasional zeroes on that setting before he changed the connection.

Definitely have them check the connections before you go through the grief of switching out to a new receiver. Good Luck:)

·
AllStar
101 Posts
wheelswagz said:
Thanks! Do you mean a bad connection other than just a securely connected coax cable? I've checked multiple times to make sure the cables are securely attached already. :confused:
He put a new attachment on the end of the cable, so yes my original connection was secure as yours is, but apparently the coupling that is attached to the coax cable was not crimped on good enough or had a piece of stray wire causing interference when it was connected. I really suspect this is what you have, which will take him about 5 minutes to fix. Hopefully.

Great Avatar. I've been a Cowboys fan for 30 years, and last night was a tough one to swallow. But I still feel good about their chances this year as long as they finish strong and at least get a first week bye, and only have to play one playoff road game. Chicago does not scare me in the least!!!:nono2:

·
AllStar
101 Posts
wheelswagz said:
Why are the tuners on the HR20 so much more sensitive or unstable than any other D*TV receiver that this is even an issue? I've used all of my cable connections on an H10 receiver before without any problem whatsoever!
Thats a good question. My TIVO dvr in my bedroom never missed a beat during this whole process, but I couldn't even change channels with the HR20 without a problem..... I will say(knock on wood) that the HR20 hasn't had a problem since he changed the connections though, and believe me, I have hated that thing from the day I hooked it up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.