DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please post links to FREE STUFF here. In FREE STUFF I'd prefer to see browsers, mail servies, PC applications,etc.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm talking worthwild freeware/shareware.

Internet Explorer and netscape are 2 biggies everybodies know about. What other great toys or software is out there?

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
Heres what Ive used and I would recommend from the past

Tweak UI- Free (a Windows CP)
Tweak Revisited- Shareware (a follow up to UI)
Zone Alarm- Free (fire wall)
Adware- Free (spyware remover)
Opera- Free (web browser)
Winamp- Free (Audio media player)
Winzip- Shareware (zipper/unzipper)
QuickZip-Free (a winzip clone but free)
Kazaa Lite- Free (P2P file sharing, no spyware)
CDex- Free (CD ripper)
MyCPU- Free (info on your CPU)
PowerDVD- No idea (DVD Player)
Microsoft Front Page Express- Free (WYSIWYG web editor, very basic, nowhere near as functional as FrontPage but its free, its not avaliable on MS website anymore but Im sure you can find it if you look)

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
Oh yeah I forgot one, and this a a real program not a PC utility. West Point Bridge Design. Its a free program that lets you get really creative in creating and designing bridges. Every year WestPoint hold a best brigde contest and the winner gets scholorships. That being said the program is intended for students who what to go into the architectural/engineering feilds but it is really cool and quite advanced, IMO.

·
Icon/Supporter
873 Posts
-WinMX (file-sharing service, very similar to Napster)
-NapMX (increases the number of results you get on WinMX)
-AOL Instant Messenger
-Yahoo (games, instant messenging, e-mail)
-Desktop Weather (interactive weather service on your desktop from The Weather Channel)
-Tetris Master (good version of Tetris)

Steve mentioned most of the other stuff that is worth downloading. If you can't find what you're looking for, you can always search cnet.com for free programs.

·
Hall Of Fame
13,242 Posts
And then of course there is a basic that everyone needs. Adobe Reader. If you are into Bible study E-Sword is great. A number of Bibles, commentaries, dictionaries, even maps and pictures, all for free.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.