DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mentor
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dish America Silver is PERFECT for my household (primarily due to the inclusion of Bravo) all the other packages which include Bravo are too expensive on Dish and Directv. HOWEVER I need an SD version of every channel in the package in order for the switch to be worth it.

Is Dish America HD Only or does it include SD versions of every channel that has one?

·
Godfather/Supporter
2,033 Posts
I don't know the exact answer, but.... You don't need the channel to be SD. If they are all HD, you get an HD receivers for no charge.(for the receiver itself - charge per receiver for programmng still applies no matter what the configuration) The fact that a HD receiver is connected to an SD set makes no difference. In fact some channels, with many more to come actually are only sending an HD signal even if an SD actual dish signal. ESPN as an example. The SD version is really HD downsized.

·
Mentor
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So we are sure on this? The receivers are capable of downscaling the HD to SD?

·
Godfather
421 Posts
Brock said:
So we are sure on this? The receivers are capable of downscaling the HD to SD?
Yes

I have dish america and I get SD versions of all the HD channels. I also use my 722 receiver to run a second SDTV upstairs and can play all HD recorded programs and channels there without issue.

·
Mentor
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
...also Dish no longer charges you extra when you don't have a home phone right?

·
Super Moderator
53,491 Posts
Please do not solicit or share referral codes. Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.